Thursday, January 30, 2014

I did it!

:)    I managed to make my little portable iron board for projects.  I went out at lunch today to renew my license plates and decided to make a trip to Walmart to get some cold medicine.  While there I remembered I wanted to get a staple gun for a project.  YAY!  I did it!  I finally made a more portable ironing board.


It's not exciting is it.  I just used leftovers and one of the left overs was plain white THIN muslin.  I don't use it for much of anything so I thought it would work great for this.  It is a 10 x 10" square of birth plywood, 1/2" thick.  It also has two layers of cotton batting on it and all held in place by staples.  That is why I needed the staple gun.  I have nicer cotton fabric that I can put on the cover if this seems to work out.  I also think I will make a variety of sizes of boards if this works out.  They are light enough to be able to carry around to classes (or work).  After that I might have to get a small iron.  a small fat one and not one of the clover irons.  I didn't like those when I had one.

Another project which looks like fun is found at:

http://eclecticallyvintage.com/2013/09/make-it-doodle-lightbulbs-sharpie-crafts/

That's my news for tonight.  For a girl who has problems hammering in nails, this was a major accomplishment.  :)


1 comment:

Kat Scribner said...

Enjoy it Bonni. Those portables are so convenient. I made one with muslin & batting like a sleeve, it was very tight but turned out wonderful too. I wrap a cotton dish towel over it to keep the muslin nice and clean.

Hi! Remember me?

    I'm the person who is suppose to keep you informed on what I'm making.  I've gotten a little behind but a lot has been going...