Saturday, January 17, 2015

Extended Weekend clean up and quilting

Welcome to my extended weekend.  I wanted to start quilting but as usual I have to clean up before I can start to be messy again.  Last night I decided that I was going to stack up thins on my couch so that I can go through them later and slowly put them away.  It worked out pretty good.




Now I have a chair to sit on and notice my other chair is for when I'm lazy and prop up my feet while I stitch.

I did that last night so this morning I got out the vacuum cleaner and did a quick swipe around.  I should have known not to do that yet.  Bolstered by my success last night I went to the next room and started to clean it.  THAT will take more than one day because that is the room I keep my fabric and stuff in.  But where do I put it in order to clean it and semi organize before putting back?  Yep, you guessed it.  I put it on the bed or couch in the room I just cleaned.  It didn't go too bad at first.  I separated out my fat quarters from my yardage from my scraps and put them on the bed. n These were just the fabrics that were "laying around" and not already in a bin or something.


THEN I started to come across my stash of UFO's.  Oh dear.  THEY needed to be a bit more organized so that took awhile.


I went to Dollar Tree and picked up some of their large bags.  For three bags for $1 I can't beat it.  They even have extra large bags which you get two in a box for $1.  I like to keep my UFO's in them because then my BOMs are all in one place or I can match up certain fabric for a special project and keep it with the pattern so I don't use it before hand.  I think I counted around a dozen UFOs there.  It would have been more but I gave some UFO blocks to a friend so she can have something to work on while going to doctors etc.

The next portion of the sewing area had some things that needed to be shredded so I brought out my shredded and took a break to do that.  Oops.  I had forgotten that it makes a mess when I empty it into the garbage bag.  Notice I said that "it" makes a mess and not "Bonni" makes a mess.

I still haven't stitched down anything but I am still happy with the progress that has been made.  I will put away the fabric on the bed before I go to bed to sleep so that will also get done tonight.

Tomorrow will be back to cleaning the room again and perhaps, if I'm lucky, I will also get to stitch something.  I feel brave today because I took down my winterizing stuff for my window.  It warmed up today and even though I know it will get cold again, it was nice to have the window clear and I could look out it.  Hopefully it won't get REALLY cold for the rest of the winter.

I hope everybody is having a good day.  Here are some simple rules (that aren't always easy to keep) that might help you be happy or have a good day.




Everybody have a great day.  Tomorrow I might be organized enough to post about a new BOM that I will be doing (or attempting to do).  It reminds me of Grandma Chamberlain's Blue Willow plates that she used to always use.


1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm proud of you......when your finish come over and do mine....giggle.

Hi! Remember me?

    I'm the person who is suppose to keep you informed on what I'm making.  I've gotten a little behind but a lot has been going...