Friday, February 28, 2014

Hexies and Ladder Stitch

I have had some questions asking how I do my Hexies with the ladder stitch.

First of all, for those who don't know what the ladder stitch is,

here is a graphic on how to do it


Of  course some of you might like to see it demonstrated and I found a Youtube on how to do it also.


MY ladder stitch, however, isn't as neat as theirs but it still isn't too bad.

I tried to take small stitches and this is how it looked on the January 2014 BOM snowflake.


If you look closely, you'll see the stitching on the pattern.  I tried to match my thread colors so that "just in case" it showed it wouldn't be bad.  Of course it makes it harder to see now.  Sorry Angie.  :)

But overall the snowflake laid down nicely I thought.  


What do you think?





5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Looks wonderful! You should link up with "Hexie Weekend"

Connie said...

Hi, I am so happy to have found your lovely blog. I too am a lover of the "Hexies". I have always thought they were so old fashioned and pretty. Nothing is prettier than a Hexie Quilt. I am your newest follower and I would love to invite you to follow me back. Please come visit.
Your newest blogging sister,
Connie :)

liniecat said...

wouldn't have thought to stitch them this was, though interestingly I bet they would lay nicely done that way yes! may have to try it myself lol

Sandie said...

Hi Bonni- Glad to see someone else doing their hexies the same way I do! I love the ladder stitch for hexies and applique. Doesn't matter what color thread I use, cause you never see it! Love the Gana fabrics you got too!

Marsha Clark said...

Pretty !!!

Hi! Remember me?

    I'm the person who is suppose to keep you informed on what I'm making.  I've gotten a little behind but a lot has been going...