Sunday, May 25, 2014

Where does the time go?

I go from 3 days into vacation to 3 days LEFT of vacation.  I'm not complaining.  The end of the vacation was pretty good.  Things are settling down but I still have a lot of work to do.

I did finish the test pattern (mailed it off and it was received) so then I turned my eye to something else.  This WAS a finished project that I got tired of the center so I ripped it out.  Yes, I actually did rip out some of it which left a little hole in the top so now I need to do something to put in the center.  It is all quilted (Free Motion Quilted) but not a very good job since I'm not good at FMQ.  I was thinking of just doing various sized circles and put in the middle.  I found these fabrics to see how they would work.  What do you think?  The yellow fabric is the same fabric that I used on the border.  It's more goldish (the right side shows a more true color of it).  What do you think?



That's the most I've gotten to thinking of it since I got distracted.  What distracted me?  Charlie Brown.  Here's Charlie Brown.  I went to visit him and his parents but somehow I don't think he 
is appreciating the outdoors as much as I was.



I took pity on him and let him back inside but not right away.  I was too busy enjoying this view.



I'll go back to watching the view outside for a bit.  It's too nice of a day to sit inside (and I don't have any more applique prepared to stitch).  :)

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend everybody.


1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sure love the colors in your quilt and the view from your porch.

Hi! Remember me?

    I'm the person who is suppose to keep you informed on what I'm making.  I've gotten a little behind but a lot has been going...