Thursday, September 8, 2016

Updates and somewhat progress

Today was an aggravating day at work but I still managed to get something accomplished for crafting.  At noon I met with the guy who commissioned me to do the t-shirt quilt and we agreed on a layout.


There are a couple of the blocks that I will be piecing together.  One is the top row second from the left.  It's hard to see because of the colors but the other is bottom row.  I also have to refuse some of the blocks because of transporting issues.  13 1/2" blocks just don't fit easily into things to carry.

The weekend was also pretty good.  I went to see one of my nephews first house.  This is the family with 5 kids (3 teenage girls) and the extra room will be good for them.


Their moving is hectic because Jessica was in a car accident in the middle of it and is just getting back to work and carefully walking around.  Still she can sit on the couch and look out the living room window which is nice.

View from living room

The other thing that I liked is that my nephew, Jason, finally has space to put up some of his artwork.  he is just learning (teaching himself actually) how to pain and he found four pictures that he liked enough to put up on the wall.  The bottom four nature scenes are ones he did.  I love that he is doing this.


The living room is also about the only room that doesn't have a lot of boxes still in it.



Before that I had decided to eat lunch at my favorite place on campus, the Lagoon.  This time I just ate in the car (so forgive the pix).  I parked near the entrance by the Lagoon and it was a delightful day.


I rolled down the windows  and let the slight breeze come through the car window as I ate my brunch.  It was a nice way to start the day.


After seeing Jessica and the family, I went home and finished up stitching some wrist pads that Paul (my ex) had asked me to do for him.  I charged him (1) 2- liter for each wrist pad since he had all the materials for it.  :)  He ordered 4.  He had paid me the 2-liters earlier so I had to finish the wrist pads.  Here is what they looked like.


Then I went home and tried a different recipe for breakfast roll up.  It used crescent rolls, eggs, sausage links and cheese.




Overall it was a good weekend even if last night my sewing machine bobbin locked again and now is not working.  I'll have to try and take it apart again so I can finish sewing the t-shirt quilt.  I got mad at my sewing machine so that I switched back to working on my NOEL.  The last pix of NOEL that I posted just showed where I had the E done but none of the filigree.  Here is your updated picture.



I think that I have flooded your email with pictures in this post but I do have one last pix to post.  Then that will be all until further progress on crafts.  :)


No comments:

Hi! Remember me?

    I'm the person who is suppose to keep you informed on what I'm making.  I've gotten a little behind but a lot has been going...