Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas and afterwards

Merry Christmas (even if a little late) everybody!

It has been a good Christmas.  I exchanged presents with my friend Janine while she was here and she gave me a wall hanging which has a Santa with the moon in the background.  She said it reminded her of me.  She doesn't quilt but she does know I like that type of thing.  I'll take a picture of it in a day or two.  She also gave me a small dream catcher.    I gave her my NOEL Cross Stitch in a frame.  It's about time that she has something cross stitched from me.  Of course while she was here she spotted fabric that she would like to be made into something for her.  I rolled my eyes but didn't admit that I had bought that fabric with her in mind.  She also wanted me to do a wall hanging for her niece out of soccer t-shirts.  We argued a bit but finally settled on a layout.



Then I noticed that we have 4 blocks that were cut out but weren't soccer.  They were running.t-shirts so I put them together to quickly make something she could have now.  It's only 4 blocks but at least it is still her t-shirts.



Janine will be seeing her niece in early January so she said if I could get the other wall hanging done before that she could take it with her.  We'll see.

That means my storm at sea will be delayed a bit.  I am planning on it.  Today I cut up my pattern that I had colored in.  They are all taped into my book now so I know how many "units" I will have to make.  I still need to get the fabric but at least I feel it is a little more organized.  I also labeled and sorted out my new templates for it.


I hope everybody had a great holiday.



1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You are so organized. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Hi! Remember me?

    I'm the person who is suppose to keep you informed on what I'm making.  I've gotten a little behind but a lot has been going...