Monday, July 12, 2021

Happy Birthday to me!

 It's official.  I'm a senior citizen starting today.  I mean a REAL crazy old cat lady compete with Medicare card.  Well that's it for MY big news.  LOL  I have already had lots of good birthday wishes and sometime today I will be enjoying Dutch apple pie and ice cream.  :)   Apple pie is my favorite pie and so much better than cake.  How will I be spending my birthday?  Grazing on snacks all day and deciding on what to quilt.

Not much different than what I do each day but that is what retirement is to me.  Days where you get to do what you like to do.  At least that is what my retirement has been.  If I want to look at pictures of Hayley, I can get them off Facebook and look at the.  That's mostly thanks to my niece in law Jessica, Hayley's Grandmother.  Kids grow up so fast, it won't be long before she'll be behind the wheel and ...


Oh wait....Wow!  She must be brilliant as well as beautiful. You go Hayley!



Of course there is my quilting and other crafts to keep me busy also.  I am in the middle of working on a layer cake terrace wall hanging.  It was going to be a larger one but then I am cutting it back and going to make a table runner out of the blocks I took off the wall hanging.  Pictures of that in a later poster.  It's not done yet so I'll show it to you after I get them both done,  I am thinking, perhaps, to adorn the wall hanging with some buttons  Today I might play with the buttons to see if there are enough that I can use as I want.  So far I think the butterflies might be winning.


I did get back tostitching some BOM blocks.  This one is block 5 from the Ladies Aid - Hands all around BOM.  Block 7 comes out this week so I'm still behind but am slowly catching up.



I did manage to finish and hang up my tumbler flag.  I think it turned out pretty good.  There are mistakes but I know where they are and next time I might not make them.  Quilting is a learning process.  


I don't think I've ever heard of anybody say that their quilts are perfect.  I do have, however, quilts and such that I'm proud of even with their imperfections.,  Block 5 of the Hands All Round BOM is one of those.  I am proud I pushed myself to make that block.  

It's time for me to sign off because my birthday pie just came out of the oven,  It's making me hungry but I have to wait for it to cool down a bit first.


It appears that I'm not the onlyone getting hungry.  Mini here is having her brunch also.



I hope everybody has a great day!  


Hugs to all.

No comments:

Hi! Remember me?

    I'm the person who is suppose to keep you informed on what I'm making.  I've gotten a little behind but a lot has been going...