Friday, July 23, 2021

July is almost over - really?

 We're getting towards the end of July and I'm still wondering where the month went.  Today I strted to get organized again.  Sometimes I almost think that a person can get too organized.  You know, get everything organized and then you can't find what you want?  Why get organized then because you couldn't find it before you got organized either.  Might as well take that organizational time and put it toward crafting, right?

Of course I don't mean all of what I just typed.  It is good to get organized but I do get too organized sometimes and end up with lots of folders, binders, and other storage devices and sometimes can't remember what is in each one.  Some are labeled ad I'm getting better at that so in the next month or two I will have to figure out when is too much organization just...well...too much.

I started today with putting some of my stitch along in binders.  AQS - Let's Quilt Class 5;  Applique and Ruching is now in a pressboard binder so i can add to it and easily (hopefully) find it.  I signed up for another test pattern to do so that has joined others in their binder that is marked "Test Pattern - HOLD until they appear in magazine".  I have a couple of binders for various Civil War blocks, as well as Summer Solstice by Pat Sloan.  Well you get the idea.

I did pick up my Quilt As You Go Hexagons to work on.  I found where I had put the background material so I can get back to it. 


I am using this template from Missouri Start Quilt Company and I have to say it's not bad.  I don't use any paper with this so it is a little different but I don't mind sitting down and tracing out the patterns once a week or whenever.  I could use the template to trace out on paper but I don't.



Who knows what it will end up being.  I'm not sure if I told you that Smudge hasn't been around but a couple of days ago, the kids started to show up again.  They are eating the food and drinking water now so I put out food for them too.  I'm going through the cat food more but that's ok.  I am able to walk up to them every once in awhile before they scurry away.  They still like to sleep sometimes on the porch and, of course, do surprise attacks on their siblings.


Oh, almost forgot.  I saw this picture.  I have lots of those patterns around (just have to find them) so I might make something similar.  It will probably  have to be next year.



I hope everybody has a great day and try to stay cool.  I have 91F right now (1;15 central time) but it will start to cool down (eventually).

Oh, another thing I almost forgot.  My friend Dan was in the hospital after suffering a mild heart attack.  He is out now and doing well.  He needs to be on blood thinners and cholesterol meds but he can do that.  Thank you for everybody's well wishes for his speedy recovery.

NOW I can say that's it.  :)  See ya next time.

No comments:

Hi! Remember me?

    I'm the person who is suppose to keep you informed on what I'm making.  I've gotten a little behind but a lot has been going...