Friday, July 30, 2021

Inside waterfalls?

 Ahh, what a day.  Dan overslept so I didn't get to the grocery store today.  We will try again tomorrow.  But that is only one part of the whole day.  

I was busy printing up some of the patterns for my BOMs and then checking that they were put in their place.  Then there was dishes but decided not to do the clothes since my  dryer wasn't fixed yet.  Not bad.  Next up today was paying online bills or at least scheduling the bills to be paid.  I was glad to see that my annuity check was deposited today so I didn't have to worry about it.  That certainly tired me out so I decided to lay down and read a book.  A nonsense book that would take me away from my reality.  It was a good book.  One about a Christmas cruise and there was a waterfall on the ship.  Wait!  What?

I closed my book and sat up.  Oh oh.  There was the sound of gushing water coming from the kitchen.  I got up and went to look and saw water GUSHING and SPEWING out from under my sink.  Ummm.  That wasn't happening before I laid down.  So after a couple of minutes, to find my phone, I called my landlord Shalom.  He came right over, especially since he could hear the water through the phone even though I wasn't in the same room.  It didn't take long to fix it (reconnect a hose and put a good clamp on it) but by that time the floor was drenched and so were my towels.  

Since Shalom had to go to the store to get the clamps, he surprised me by bringing back the dryer hose that I needed.  Before he left, I had both the water problem fixed as well as having my dryer operable.  I had mixed feelings about the last since now I don't have an excuse not to do laundry.  I'll do that tomorrow.  It's 8 p.m. and 92 degrees so I don't want to run the dryer right now.  

That's about it for my news tonight.  In my keeping of trying to end on an up note, Here is a picture taken tonight  at dinner time with the kittens.  Shalom says he will mow the lawn on Sunday.  That's good.  The kittens have been hiding in the grass and playing pounce the littermate.




That's it for now.  Everybody have a great night.


1 comment:

A Walk With Susan said...

Well that was an eventful day! I'm glad Shalom was able to stop the waterfall in your kitchen, as well as provide a nice surprise with the dryer hose.

Well back to doing laundry, I think due to your temperatures it would be either very late or very early as you seem to be awake during both of those time frames I don't think either will be an issue.

We have a new cloths line so I think our next load will be hung outside since our lawn was mowed Thursday. Speaking of lawns being mowed, I don't think the kittens will like not being able to play "Pounce On The Littermate". You do come up with some unique names. 😊

With all this going on I wonder if you had any stitch time? Last day of July I need to get started on a Table Runner.

Hi! Remember me?

    I'm the person who is suppose to keep you informed on what I'm making.  I've gotten a little behind but a lot has been going...