Sunday, November 22, 2015

It's a Wonderful Time of the Year!

Why yes it indeed a wonderful time of the year.  With the holidays soon to be here and our snow on the ground, how can I NOT like this time of year?  I'm afraid that I'm not into the buying from the stores much.  Grew up with making presents or giving I.O.U.s/gift certificates for things like home cooked food or cleaning for those who couldn't.  Perhaps that is why I love this time of year.

Some of you might know that Illinois (and other states) got some snow this weekend.  Some, in my case, was around 12 inches.  It sounds like a lot but it really wasn't since there wasn't any snow on the ground first so it took a bit to accumulate.    Here is the picture outside my window after the plows had gone through.

The plows had gone through the first time before I left for gaming so I managed to get in my gaming this Saturday.  It was Battletech and turned out pretty good.  Anyway,  I also managed to scrape my hand a little bit (aren't I talented?) but not enough to really bother me.


I also say it's a wonderful time of the year because that is the name of one of my cross stitch projects I'm working on.



I just started it but am making good progress I think.



Of course I wouldn't be able to do any of this if it wasn't for my magnifiers.  For Sue, and others who wonder what I use, here it is.

The flip up when I need to.

The glasses are actually pink but this shows them just sitting on the glasses.

But then they can flip up so I can see things at a distance.  :)



I also got an early Christmas present.  My friend Connie bought me a replacement walking foot.  I haven't tried it yet but hope to this week.  I am off work on Thursday and Friday, but Thursday I will be at my sister in laws for Thanksgiving.  I'll keep you updated.

Everybody have a blessed and great day/evening.



1 comment:

Sue Cottle said...

OMG - your 'magnifying-glasses-set' made me think of Minions! You'd really want to take them off before you stood up! Ew - snow! Temps here are settling into a (cold-ish) summer - around 20C/68F. Means the US west coast should get lots of rain!
sue:)

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...