Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy Dar! Fabric from Ghana arrived in my office today!

I had a wonderful start to my work day.  Lyndon brought in the fabric from Ghana that he got me.  Ready to see what I got?  First of all, I went with the six different types of fabric in one bag that he mentioned.  The length of the fabric is a little over 1 yard (around 46") but the width is only around 18".  It's a different way to cut the fabric.  One of the girls in the office mentioned it was probably cut that way for when the women would want to wrap their hair/head.  That makes sense.  I'm not going to give any of it back.  LOL.



The pattern ends up being half a circle

This looks like a table runner to me!

I'm thinking of leaving this as is and just quilting around the motifs.  Possibly some trapunto.





More of a close up of the fabric on the right in the previous picture.

I have a couple of yards of this material.

One section.  The next picture shows another section.
Don't know why it flipped on me.  The lines go vertical.  Then there is another section like the previous picture.


Well that's my show n tell for today.  Hope you all liked it as much as I did looking at it.  




5 comments:

esther said...

Lovely fabric!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I should say....fantastic.

Bonni said...

Thanks Esther and Billie. I'm thinking of doing a zipper quilt with all those blues but I'm in a hexie mood also so who knows.

Thanks Sandi. I love the ladder stitch. You are right. I'm using some of the those colors I was given in a sewing kit that I won't normally use to baste the hexies with. :)

Marsha Clark said...

Love the blues in the top pic the best !!! All pretty !!!

Bonni said...

I agree with you Marsha. I LOVED the blues. I think it took all of 2 seconds for me to decide on those. LOL.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...