Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day and an update

First of all, Happy Father's Day to everybody.  I hope you have a great day.  My day is going pretty good which is an improvement over the past couple of weeks.  I am so tired, I'll look forward to going back to work and resting up.  LOL.

Today I made a great headway into the test project.  It is due by the 22nd and I should be able to finish it in a day or two.  That will be nice.

I've gotten my pounce pad and meander pattern from Quilt Addicts Anonymous and I want to practice on it.  I'll be using light blue powder.  I have two fat quarters of a cream material so I think I'll put  batting between them and use those for my practice pieces.  I will need lots of practice I think.

In between working on the test pattern, I decided to make Beer Bread.  I found a recipe for 3 ingredient beer bread and it turned out great.  I decided to divide my batter into 4 mini loaf pans.  3 ingredients, 4 mini loafs, and around 25 minutes of baking.  Not bad I think.  Here's the recipe:

3 ingredient Beer bread from wineandglue.com
3 cups self rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
12 oz. beer
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a bread pan with cooking spray (I used 4 small mini loaf pans). Gently mix together the flour, sugar, and beer until it is thoroughly combined. The batter will be thick. Pour the batter into the bread pan and bake for 40 minutes.(in the mini pans it only took around 20 minutes)
 Take out of oven and let sit for five minutes in the pan, remove and let cool completely before slicing.

Let me know if you make it and enjoy it.  I liked it.  I might make some more up and put in the freezer once I have room.  :)

Hugs and have a great day.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I LOVE Beer Bread. If you need an easy appetizer, try it with the Garlic Garlic from Tastefully Simple, mixed up as a dip,. YUM!!

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...