Sunday, September 29, 2019

Quick Update

I'm sorry for being so absent but  life has thrown a couple of loops towards me.  I should have known almost a month has gone by because my passport came in (YAY).  Still I am hanging in there.  What I can tell you:

1.  I fell on August 13th and it took a bit to recover from that.  5-6 hours in ER didn't help.  Nothing broke so no worries on that.  I am officially cleared from the doctor now.  The accident DID make me have to go to a primary care doctor.  My old one retired (shhh.  he retired around 3 years ago) and I just don't go to doctors that much.  Most of the time it is to convenient/urgent care because I don't have to wait for a regular doctor's appoint.  Now I have a doctor.  His name is Ghouri Khan.  He wants me to go in for some routine tests since I haven't had them on a regular basis.  I told him I have to wait to see what happens with insurance and the fall.  The hospital bill for that one trip to the emergency room is almost $5,000.  I know that I will have to pay at least $250 since that is the emergency room co-pay.

2.  I am in the middle of testing a pattern for The Quilt Pattern Magazine.  That fall put me behind schedule so I have to kick myself into super drive to finish on time.  It will be awhile before I can show you that one.

3.  Today was cooking day.  I'm trying to get back into the habit of cooking once or twice a week and not eating out all the time.

This weekend I've cooked:

2 loaves of beer bread (3 ingredient recipe - gotta love it)
sweet potatoes - in the crock-pot
cauliflower - in the crock-pot - might put some cheese over it when done, not sure yet
Tikki Masala - in crock-pot  on Saturday - turned out great and it is now portioned out for lunches
Chicken Fajita - in crock-pot on Saturday - will have it for lunches this week
3 ingredient sloppy joes - (salsa, BBQ sauce, and ground meat)

4.  The house sold.  I will have a new landlord.  He seems nice but then I haven't seen or heard anything about how much rent and/or if there will be a lease or not.  I'm sure we'll be talking later.  Today they did a final walk through.  He had some questions like is the a/c unit mine or does it come with the apartment.  Does the faucet work since it was put on backwards and things like that.

5.  I am planning on being a Color Street Stylist.  You'll hear more about them later but I've fallen in love with them.  They are not acrylic nails but actual nail polish strips.  They are mostly dry (around 95%) but that extra 5% that isn't dry yet allows you to easily put them on.  Like I said you'll see pictures of my nails with them on later.

That's it for now.  Time to check on the stinky cauliflower.  I had forgotten how it smells up the kitchen.

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs to all

1 comment:

Vicki Robles said...

Bonni,

I sure do hope you are getting along better since your accident.

I have been falling a lot ever since we bought this house in So. Illinois. Time to go back to our other house in Iowa. Stairs only go to the basement. Hopefully, we can finish, at least, part of it for a sewing/quilting room for me/us.

I am enjoying your blog. I could even smell that cauliflower!! lol

Piece and blessings,

Vicki Robles

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...