Saturday, March 21, 2020

What I've been up to

Not the most original title for my blog but what the hey, I'm posting again right?

It's funny sometimes how you don't do something until you are told you shouldn't do it or can't do it.  That is the times we are in right now.  It's serious and while I know that inside of me, I don't like to dwell on negatives.  I did that for over 5 years and I will not go back to that place in my mind and heart.  How do I *not* go there?  I try to think on the positive side of life.

For instance, here is a link to how people can make face masks.  Either for themselves or others.  It's simple and quick.  Will I be making any?  Not in the foreseeable future since my sewing machine is packed up for the move.  Hopefully this health crisis will be ended by the time I move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEHU0U4TQXc&feature=em-uploademail

Music is another positive.  I love music.  Can't sing a note though I should say, to be accurate, can't sing a note and keep on key.  I can certainly sing off key.  I won't put you through that but I will share a Josh Groban and Kelly Clarkson duet which is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=84&v=AIWZfMWWvPU&feature=emb_logo

Another thing that I love is watching animals.  I am sitting at my computer and watching people walking their dogs and smiling.  Smiling is something that will make you feel better.  Something that made me smile the other day is my mail.  How often can you say that?  I sent out my Suduko wall hanging to Missouri Star Quilt Company to quilt.  I wanted to see how it would turn out.  Sort of a test for possible other projects down the road.  It came back. I thought the price was reasonable.  I bought the backing fabric from them also.  I did pay another $25 dollars for expedited delivery.  It was a special they were running. 


I really like the backing material.  They sent back the extra so I might be able to use it for binding.  I chose to do my own binding.  They charge quite a bit to do the binding which I might say yes to if it was a large quilt but not this small one.


There was a variety of quilting motifs to choose from.  This is just for me so I chose a meander.  I do like how it came out.


Could I have done it myself?  Perhaps.  I don't do FMQ and, to be honest, the quilting part of it is not my favorite thing to do.  It might be.  Maybe when I have more time I will like it more?  Hard to tell.

That's about it for now.  I think I will take a short nap and then, gasp, pick up my Delft Sampler to work on. 

Take care everybody and stay well.

Hugs.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...