Saturday, April 4, 2020

What's to eat!

I've been working from home lately and it has been stressing me out a little bit.  It's one thing to know what you need to get done at home but I can't hide from it any longer.  It stares at me while I am diligently working from home.  The food calls to me, the moving boxes (both empty and full) call to me...so you see, it's not my fault that my mind goes to food.

So, to shut up my mind so I can get some work done, I've been searching some recipes.  The one I think I might make tonight is Creamy Kielbasa Tortellini.  I don't have any tortellini so will substitute another type of pasta but I have everything else.  It won't be quite the same but it will still be good I think.

Creamy Kielbasa Tortellini from Best of Relish

1 lb. kielbasas, thinly sliced
1 (20 oz) pkg cheese tortellini
1 tsp dried minced onions
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup frozen peas
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
chopped parsley, optional

1.  In a large skillet, heat kielbasa until warm.  Add tortellini, 3 cups water, onions, paprika and garlic powder.

2.  Cover and cook on high, stirring occassionallly, until tortellini is almost done.  Stir in peas.

3.  Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in Dijon mustard, heavy cream and cheddar cheese, until cheese is melted.  Top with chopped parsley.

Serves 6 

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...