Monday, July 27, 2020

UFO and House updates

Hi everybody!

This last week has been productive.  I finished two UFOs!  You read that right.  I finished 2 UFOs.  They were small projects but they count anyway right?  For Searching for UFO week with Pattern Pastiche I finished my Suduko Quilt (had the binding to do) and I finished 3 Friends from Bird Brain Designs.  



After I finished those, I started on a search for more UFOs.  Not to get them all done at once, but just to see what I have and how to organize them.  That is the key to getting it down and being able to work on them without feeling like you are drowning.  I have a TON or UFOs and will post pictures, names, and strategy to attack them sometime.  

In between  working on the UFOs, my friend Susan and I are going to do Simple but Elegant and Christmas in Jacksonville.  Simple but Elegant is offered through Pattern Pastiche and it is just starting.  I cut all my squares first to make sure that I had enough fabric that would match and then was also able to fuse down the first tulip block.  There will be a total of four tulip blocks that will go in the center.  So if I finish up a block before the next one comes along, I can work on another tulip block.


Simple but Elegant is a Baltimore inspired project as is Christmas in Jacksonville.  Christmas in Jacksonville has been going for a bit so I have to catch up.  The blocks are embroidered with some Courthouse Steps/Log Cabin blocks in there too.  Here is my first one done.  I can't wait to start on the second block.


Other non crafting news, is that I now have both sides of my kitchen sink working.  Shalom came over and fixed it so it doesn't leak there any longer but did discovered another leak which will require him to turn off the water.  He didn't have the parts for it so he couldn't fix it last night.  He has to come back to replace and fix parts in the bathroom sink. That would require him to turn off the water also so he will be doing that on the same day.  If you have to turn off the water, you might as well get it all done in one day.

He will be contacting a friend to bring his drone over to do an aerial survey of the roof to see how bad that is.  It's kind of a cool thought that you can do a lot of that without even getting on the roof.  Oh the fun and joy of living in an older house that previous occupants hadn't kept up like they said they had.

I can see the backyard now.  That is good and bad.  It's good that most of the brush has been cleared out.  It's bad because I can see the junk the previous tenants just left there.  That is in the process of getting cleaned up.  Shalom's son needs to get more exercise and do something besides being on the computer or playing games all day.  Shalom will have him start to do more yard work.  He only does it max of 1 hour a day but in heat/humidity temps in the low 100s I don't blame him.

That is it for now.  Everybody stay safe and I'll chat with you another time.


1 comment:

Marsha Clark said...

Pretties ! I love the redwork. Always looks so elegant.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...