Sunday, July 19, 2020

Yardwork and UFO Week

This week is starting out with a busy schedule.  Pattern Pastiche is having a UFO (unfinished objects) week challenge which I am participating in.  It is basically a week to help us concentrate on finishing up projects.  My first one is going to be the Sudoku wall hanging.  I have it all done except for the binding so I 

was working on that today.  The binding will be the same fabric that is on the back.  


Here is a close up of the binding.


Hmm.  If I ever figure out the new blogger, I'll get the left justified for my margins again.  LOL.  Oh well.  Forgive the formatting but you get the general idea.

The other thing that I worked on was another block for the cross stitch quilt blocks.  I now have four of them done.


Sooner of later they will all get done and then I'll have other decisions to make on them.  :)

I've started the Christmas in Jacksonville blocks.  These  are Baltimore Album inspired 
blocks but they are hand embroidered.  I will be using two colors for the blocks.  One will be the red that I use in redwork (nicknamed turkey red) and then a green.  This is the first block that I've started. There are five blocks up and all are still available.  If interested  you can find information at:



I notice that one of the centers of the rose isn't perfect but then neither am I.  I'll wait until I get the rest sewn and see if it bugs me or not.

Another thing that is going on today is Shalom, his son, and Boromir (you might remember Boromir from helping me move) came over and they are doing some yard work.  Finally the front is mowed and trimmed a bit.  Boromir started to whack the mess in the backyard.  I didn't know I had a backyard.  I'm still debating if it is a myth or not.  Nothing has been done to it for at least over a year.  After chopping things down, he discovered that the cable line and the electric line are on top of each other.  I will call about that tomorrow.  He also discovered some more bottles and stuff that the previous owners were too lazy to get rid of.  It will all get cleaned up but it will take awhile.  Here are some progress pictures.  This first one is the before picture as taken from the window in front of my sink.


This one is after some progress was made.  You can start to see a bit of a path which he had to do with a machete.



The front yard got a cutting also.


The dead tree is still there.  The guy who was to come and take it out got sick so he couldn't come.  When he feels better the logs and tree will be added to the pile to be picked up.


So far for this week, this is what is put to the curb.  


That's it for the post this week.  I'm back to pinning on the binding to the wall hanging.  Wish me luck towards the end of it.  I haven't mastered the art of sewing the two pieces together yet to finish.  Fingers crossed.

Have a great day everybody.

1 comment:

Marsha Clark said...

Love the Pretty stitchings ! I hope you back yard ends up nice for you. :)

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...