Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Whew! I've been busy

 I'm tired and just remembered that I've been so busy with stitching and prepping for stitching that I hadn't posted here.  This will be somewhat of a long post so grab a cup of your favorite beverage and sit down and relax. ....Ready?

I'll first start with the progress on my sewing room.  I managed to pick up shelving units from Home Depot and am using them now.  Thank you to my friend Dan who took me to get them and then stayed to put them together.  I like that they are sturdy.  Each shelf can hold up to 250 pounds in weight and is high enough that I stack my storage units on them.







With it being a bit more organized, I am able to put individual projects in the bins and find things easier.  That has allowed me to finish another UFO which I'm just calling a braid wall hanging.  I wanted to learn how to do the braid and had a little bit of it left so framed it for a small wall hanging.  The border on this is much lighter than what the pictures shows.  Some colors are hard to get right in pictures.




To add to my joy, some fabric that has been ordered for quite awhile has now been delivered.   I'm sure it is not a surprise that I love it all.  First is 4 pounds of Batiks that were on sale. 



Of course one sale led to another and I HAD to get these.  They are 10" wide strips by 110" long.  I hadn't seen them offered that way before and for $7.99 for each strip it was a bargain.  Oh, did I mention that it is Stonehenge fabric?  Yeah, now you know why I said I HAD to get them


I also love fabric from The Intrepid Thread.  These are their Chambray fabrics which recently came out.
They feel so nice!


Also from them came my pre order for Maple Farm.  I haven't decided what to make with them but one day it will come to me.


I am making progress on my Simple Yet Elegant Block of the month.  I put them together to take a picture.  I have three blocks that are fused but need to stitch them yet.  The top left block (yellow) will be placed one block to the left but it didn't fit well to take a picture so I just moved it to where you see it.  


I think it will be pretty when completed.  My friend Susan is doing this also and I hope one day she will let me post her pictures.

I also have been working on Christmas in Jacksonville embroidery blocks.  I'll take a picture of that for my next post since I am close to finishing another block.  That way you get to see the most updated progress.  I need to pick out colors for the pieced blocks.  Hopefully I will have that figured out by the next post.

If that wasn't enough, I have been cooking too.  Dan took me to Little Piggy's BBQ and I came away with enough BBQ Ribs to eat for a couple of days and also have plenty to put in the freezer.


It even tasted good in my noodle bowl as leftovers.



That's it for this post.  I hope you have enjoyed it.  Everybody stay safe and have a great day.





5 comments:

Connie S said...

You have been busy and it all looks great!

A Walk With Susan said...

Bonni you sure have been busy since you retired. Your sewing room is so organized I bet you can just grab what you are looking for and get busy sewing or crafting. Those blocks are looking lovely. I will let you post mine when they are stitched. LOL I don't know where you find the time to cook as well. Hmmm do we have another energizer bunny on our hands? LOL :)

Bonni said...

I'll hold you to letting me post your pictures now Susan. :) No energizer bunny, just a matter of getting things set up to work on the night before. To be honest, I didn't cook the ribs and the noodle bowl was leftovers. Give me my crockpot though and I'll cook for the week if I can. :)

Bonni said...

Thanks Connie. It is nice to be a bit more organized. I'm discovering stuff I had totally forgotten about. :)

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Way to go Bonni! So proud of all you've done! Hugs, Deb

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...