Saturday, August 22, 2020

Saturday Updates

August is almost over with and has been pretty much productive.  I am starting to adjust my schedule to try to make my time awake more productive.  Take today.  I woke up around 2 a.m. after going to bed last night around 10:30.  It seems that my body likes to wake me up after around 3-4 hours.  So as I laid in bed this morning, trying convince my body that I really should sleep more.  Then I got up because I was laughing at myself for thinking that, and worked on my House Blocks.  This quilt has been given many names including Coronaville, Home and Heart, and House Block Quilt.  Even I change up the name of what I call it.  Most of the time I call it the House Block. I am making progress on it.  This morning (see?  I can get back on topic) I sewed the top row together.


I'll start to work on the next row next week.  That will be three tree blocks and two house blocks.

Also next week I will be doing some more work on the lattice layer cake quilt. 



I have cut some more of the layer cake but haven't finished matching up which triangles will be paired together.  There will be plenty of repeats since it was a layer cake.  

With the last week of August looming around the corner, what are my plans for September?  I will be working more on my  Mini Owl cross stitch, the cross stitch quilt blocks, Christmas in Jacksonville, and the Simple Yet Elegant blocks.  I think there are more that I've slotted but I'll write about them when I remember.

It's time for me sign off for now and perhaps get some breakfast or take a nap.  I'm never sure which will win out.  

I hope everybody has a great day and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...