Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Ups and Downs!

    That's right.  My day started out with some ups and downs.  Around 2 a,m. I got up from bed and took half a step and tripped and fell.  Now don't worry, I'm ok,  Just a little banged up,   I tripped over a cord that I thought I had hidden and tucked away.  When I fell I hit my head but we all know how hard THAT is.  I just stayed on the floor until I got my bearings and by that time I realized that my side was all scraped up but no blood so just still today,  Oh yeah,  I hit my elbow on the opposite side and scraped a bit of my elbow and stuff.  Just all scrapes.  After fixing the offending cords, I made my way to the bathroom and took some Ibuprofen.  After that I went back to bed.  I slept well and slowly got up this morning.  Of course my body is letting me know that I am not as young as I used to be.  LOL.

     I did manage to get laundry done and was pleased to know that the dryer also cooperated this morning so the clothes all dried in regular time.  I also was productive enough to get my SCA paperwork finished and now it is just waiting for Dan to come over and sign off before I scan it and send it off.

     I also managed to take a few stitches on Geometrica.

     This is the 3rd start of trying to do it  My plan is to do the center and then work on the weekly stitches (the empty shapes in the picture).  Then I will do the border.   I realized that I haven't posted an update picture on my weekly Blackwork.  Here it is.


     I also did some more work on Fleur blocks but since it is hard to see the black stitching, I will only post a pix now once the block is done.  Since it is black thread on black shapes, I only work on it in the mornings.

     I did a little more work on the Candlewicking.  I haven't moved the hoop yet but I did change the color.  It is had to see the lighter stitching but here is the update pix.


    I won't be working on it today since my hands are stiff from the fall etc.  I will probably do more stitching tomorrow.

     I did get my swap block from my partner and I love it!



     That's about it for now except for an update on my foot.  Does this picture tell the story?


     Yep.  You seeing it right.  Today is my first day of wearing an actual shoe over it.  It is still bandaged but just a little bit.  If I wasn't allergic to adhesives, I could put a regular bandage on it but since I am allergic I still have to wrap it up with gauze.  The doctor says it might be totally healed by the next time I go back and see him.  YAY!  So that means I go back to see the wound doctor on the 22nd and get the boobies squished at the Imaging Center on the 23rd.  A busy week!  I don't go back to my regular doctor until September 26th.  Another YAY!

    I think that is all for this post.  I am waiting for the mail to get here since I know that I have a package to be delivered.  Then later in the week or next week I have another package arriving. I'll, of course, share pix after they get her.

  Enjoy your day!







2 comments:

A Walk With Susan said...

Bonni,

First so happy to see you were able to get shoes on both feet! Love all of your stitching. Like you always tell me even if it is only 5 stitches it is still making progress.

Try not to fall anymore, even though you think you have a hard head you may still crack it. Football players well helmets and still get concussions. Take care of yourself.

Susan Smith
awalkwithsusan.blogspot.com

Bonni said...

Thank you my friend. Yeah, I try not to fall. The floor and walls sometimes has it out for me. :)

Another block finished and prepping for hexies!

      Hi everybody!      I managed to finish another Words to Live By block and picked out fabric for some more hexies.  Want to see what I ...