Friday, July 12, 2024

Happy Birthday to me!

      It has been a quite day and I really don't have much to report.    It is in the mid 90s and just too hot to car to do anything,  LOL.  I did get a great package from my friend Susan and her family.  It had lots of goodies in it.  Her daughter put in some handmade stuff and she also put in lots of goodies.  This is a pix of some of it.


     I know it is hard to see, but next to the pattern is a cross stitch key.  Here is a close up of it.,


     It will help me get organized with my aida cloth.  Also in that picture, on either side of the cross stitch key,  is a pattern that Susan put in and a beautiful coaster.  Well that jeweled coaster is too pretty to use as a coaster but it works wonderful as something that I love to rub my hands over it.  It is like a worry tone.  I love the feel of it.  And yes, that is a plug Grogu next to it.  He is helping George watch over everything.

    In the front row, is some stationery as well as a couple of plastic boxes filled with needles.  It came at a good time since I had to recently throw out some old ones which are no longer sharp or are bent.  Susan knows me so well and knows I am constantly using notebooks and stationery so she put in some of that as well.  You might also see a pressing sheet in that front row as well.  She didn't know it, or at least I don't think she knew it, but my old pressing sheet was on its last legs.  Not pictured is a beautiful writing pen,  It is glittery and aqua in color and I have been using it almost nonstop.

     My birthday box wasn't the only package that I received.  I also received an envelop that had some beautiful fabric in it.


    Isn't that beautiful?  I can see so many possibilities!

      That is about it for this week's update.  I did some more work on the Candlewicking but it is slow progress so I will take another pix and share later.  The red dragons are fighting me and I haven't done any more work on it.  I will get back to it after they are in time out,.

     Until next time - happy stitching and remember to take time out to relax.  :)  




  

3 comments:

A Walk With Susan said...

Bonni,

Nikki and I are glad you enjoyed your birthday package. I hope the dragons stop fighting soon and are able to come out of time out. LOL

We know how you love to write everything down, so the Composition book, small tablet (with pen) and stationary will help you keep track of everything. Glad to hear the needles and pressing sheet arrived just in time.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Bonni, and belated happy birthday. That's an awesome package there. I enjoyed looking at your stitching in past posts. So sorry you took a tumble! That is so easily done we must be careful. But you can wear your regular shoe again. So it goes a balance now it seems. Take Care, J

Bonni said...

Thank you so much. I am all better. It just made me stiff for a couple of days. The scraped skin just took a bit to heal up but no blood. :)

Today I am working on a Distelfink block. It is a folk art pattern and quite colorful. :)

Another block finished and prepping for hexies!

      Hi everybody!      I managed to finish another Words to Live By block and picked out fabric for some more hexies.  Want to see what I ...