Saturday, August 10, 2024

I'm doing pretty good ...

 on keeping up with some projects so ...



    For instance, I caught up on my blackwork, stitched up some Arbor leaves, and worked on the Candlewicking more.  I also picked out another project to work on soon-ish.  So that is this weeks progress in a nutshell.  Tomorrow is my monthly SCA meeting so I might be online much and I am hoping Dan will put together the weed wacker that I ordered and it came in.  So just let me post up some pictures, sorry no new ones of the kittens, but still progress pix.

   First up is my blackwork.  It is coming along nicely,  It won't be long (about another month) before I will start to work on the border.


   Here is my progress pix of my Candlewicking.  This is as of this morning so you get it hot off the press as the saying goes,


   What is nice about this is that I get to change to the darker color now and work on the roof of the house,

     I can't forget my update on the Words of Wisdom blocks.  This one is done but I won't start on the next one for a bit.  I think another dragon, Blackie, is calling to me to get her/him done first.




     Next up is the Arbor leaves,  These are two stacks of 3 (all the same color/fabric).  I will be working on another purple colored one next.

     I received my July American Quilter magazine the other day and I found this pattern in it.  I am thinking of making it sometime.  It will take me forever to do it so don't expect it anytime soon.  LOL

     That's about it for my updates.  It wouldn't be an update without tonight's kitten pix.  It is harder to get their  get a pix of them in this cooler weather.  Their energy isn't as zapped as it was earlier and they are practicing their pouncing.  So far just on each other's tails and on bugs.  Sometimes they get courageous and pounce from the porch step.

     I hope everybody has a great night/day.  

No comments:

Another block finished and prepping for hexies!

      Hi everybody!      I managed to finish another Words to Live By block and picked out fabric for some more hexies.  Want to see what I ...