Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Oops...forgot something

I knew there was something that I forgot to mention.  It's how great EQ7 is and their support staff.  Before I get to my story, I want to say that I am not affiliated with ElectricQuilt Company; just a happy and satisfied customer.  So on to the story....

With the EQ7 software, you can install it on a number of computers but you can only have two active computers at a time.  Not a problem since I knew which two computers I wanted to be active.  For those of you who don't have EQ, let me digress a bit and tell you that it is computer program designed for quilters.  To quote from their website (http://electricquilt.com/online-shop/electric-quilt-7/ ),

"The industry’s BEST quilt design software. Design your own quilts and block patterns. Audition your own personal fabric stash, embroidery designs and quilting designs on your quilt before you make it. Print patterns for foundation piecing, templates and rotary cutting charts. We do the math for you! Print your fabric yardage too!"

It's expensive but I'm happy that I managed to save up for it for I really do use it.  I hope to use it more in 2013 and to take advantage of all the tutorials and things out there for it.  But back to the story....

As usual, my plans didn't go like they were suppose to.  Yes I managed to activate it (you must activate it in order to use it) on my two computers but then one of those computers died out on me.  So I went to my back up computer.  Hmmm.  I didn't want to put it on there since I knew eventually I'd get a new computer and would want it on the new one.  One year later I did get a new computer and set out to put EQ7 on it.  Hmmm.  Now I had to think.  I couldn't get online with the original computer any more to deactcivate it.  Finally I called up the help line at Electric Quilt and talked to a live person without an accent that I couldn't understand.  Gasp!  Yes I could understand her!!  It took a little bit to figure out which one of the two activations she should deactivate for me but once we figured it out (used the 'last date used' to figure it out) in under a minute it was deactivated and I was able to continue on with installing EQ7 on my new computer.  My new computer is Windows 8 and I am happy to report that EQ7 works quite well with that.  I tested it out last night.  YAY!

Here is how I justified originally getting it.  It cost almost $200 which is a TON of money in my budget.  On the other hand that is less than 10 trips to JoAnne's for quilting supplies, and even fewer trips if I went to a Quilt Shop.  So not only did I keep to my wish of "not buying more fabric" by getting the software, it was still quilting related and would help me figure out what to do with the fabric that I already had on hand.  No I'm not going to look at my last post where I said I bought more fabric.  I did say that I was "trying" not to buy more fabric.  I just try harder on certain trips than others.  :)

So that's my story about a happy customer of EQ7.

PS:  Did I mention you can swap designs with others who have EQ7 also?  After saving them you can email them to your friend who thought it was so cool and wanted to make it or thought you were so clever for figuring it out.

 

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...