Thursday, February 19, 2015

Excited today...

Today I am excited because the Raven table runner should be arriving in Arkansas for the event this weekend.  Hopefully the bad weather will still get it there on time.  It's nice to be part of the event even if I can't go down for it.  For those of you who wish to get a flavor of a SCA event, this was posted on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ4FQHnEGPg

It is from the SCA Gulf Wars XXII 2013 Camp Life and Battles.  It will give you an idea of what they do at Gulf Wars.

I also finished doing my test pattern for The Quilt Pattern Magazine.  It was a quick little wall hanging but I can't show you yet.  You'll have to wait until August before I can show you that.  I still had problems with the quilting.  I think it is the walking foot.  The sewing machine runs fine until I put on the walking foot.  Then it starts to clunk.  Take off the walking foot and it doesn't clunk.  I have noticed that it doesn't stay "tight".  It loosens up after stitching for a bit and I have to get out the screwdriver and tighten it back down.  I'm wondering if it is the walking foot itself since my regular foot doesn't have that problem.  I have met my immediate sewing obligations so now I can let it rest for a bit and do some more hand work.  We'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...