Monday, February 29, 2016

Vacation Day 1

I will count today as day 1 on my vacation since it is Monday.  I was both productive and at the same time totally lazy.

I got up around 6 a.m. which is 30 minutes later than normal.  Lazed around the bed until 8 a.m. then got up and started to work on some things while Perry Mason was on the TV.  By the time Perry mason, Diagnosis Murder were over with, I had two blocks all cut out and ready to be stitched.  That's why I like watching those shows.  I can look at them and have watched a lot of episodes (my mother and my favorites growing up) I can do other things too.

So what did I do?

Since yesterday was cross stitch, today was quilting blocks.  I fused my two blocks for the Adinkra blocks and have started to stitch them down.

Ignore that blank post that you might have gotten notice on.  I hit post by accident.  LOL.  So here are my blocks.  I will stitch them down before returning to cross stitching.  The background is more navy blue in color than what it looks like in the picture.




Interested in what they mean?  Go to Debby Kratovil Quilts and read about it.

http://www.debbykratovilquilts.blogspot.it/2016/01/adinkra-quilt-2016-block-of-month.html


I will be stitching these down by hand using the blanket/buttonhole stitch.  I have to admit that I am loving the colors in these two blocks.  I'm not sure what color of thread I'll do that first block in.  I'll figure it out eventually.  I'm still working on the orange for the second block.

That's about it.  Time to take some allergy pills which will knock me back out again.  If the snow holds off long enough (up to 6" predicted) I will go to the store and get some cold meds.  I'm coughing more and my eyes are watering.  Don't you just LOVE this time of the year?


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...