Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sunday Progress

I was semi productive today.  I fused on some applique for the Splendid Sampler blocks but didn't take any pictures of that today.  I also started to applique another one of my butterfly blocks. For some reason I only have 10 butterfly blocks so either stop at 9 or do 2 more.  Not sure which I'll do.

Today Pat Sloan put up two alternative layouts for the Splendid Sampler.  I will probably do the 5 x 5 layout.  It appeals to me more.



This layout just seems more chaotic to me and bugs me for some reason.  I will enjoy seeing others do this layout but know it would drive me bonkers to make it.

 Even though I didn't get a lot of stitching done, I did change up on where I put some of the patterns and such.

Since the blocks for the Splendid Sampler are only 6" finished, they fit into the empty envelope boxed that I can get from work.

I also ended up putting the Adrinka BOM from 2016 in one.  Now they are within reach to work in my rotation.



I originally had the Splendid Sampler blocks in this white clear container but I discovered that I needed more room for the Pat Sloan Solstice Challenge.  I like having it large enough to hold some more possible fabrics. 



That's all for now.  It's getting late and I have a busy week starting tomorrow.  I'll tell you more about that next week.  In the meantime, I hope you all stay safe and have a great day/night.

No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...