Thursday, September 28, 2017

What I have been up to

I'm not going to tell you EVERYTHING that I've been up to.  A girl has to have SOME secrets right?

I've started new projects (and haven't finished any of them).  I'm trying to get my creative juices going again and they are still being stubborn.  One day I get it together enough to decide on what to work on.  In the meantime...

I have been busy freezing tomatoes that my ex has given me.  They only had 4 tomato plants but it was too much for them. 

1st batch I tried

2nd batch just done last night
I also took the 1st batch which was frozen out of the plastic container and put it in a freezer bag.  That way it won't be as bulky in the freezer.  Yes I know that if I had waited for it to cool down, I could have frozen it in the freezer bag in the first place and by laying it down flat it wouldn't have taken up hardly ANY room.  I don't think of those things until a) after it is frozen and b) I'm fighting for room in the small refrigerator freezer compartment.

Then I also made another batch of pumpkin butter.  Will make another batch over the weekend.  The recipe doesn't make very much so it's easy to make up one batch at a time.  My ex also gave me pears so I might make some pear butter.  Found a recipe that looks pretty simple.  Simple is good for me.  :)  I will put those in the freezer too.

I will have to label them so found these which should work.




The weather is starting to get cooler so I am thinking of all the flavors that I love in this season.  Pumpkin is certainly one of them.  I will use the tomatoes to make chili or spaghetti with. 

On the crafting front, I have been unstitching more than I have been stitching.  Here you can see two of my works in progress. 
On the left is The Holy Grail; on the right an Owl

The owl might not get finished.  I've already run out of one color and they didn't give DMC numbers for it so it's a "let's see if I can match the color" game.  If I can't match this color I'll just get rid of it and keep the Aida fabric for another project.  I only paid $2.50 for it on clearance so it's not bad.

I was pissed at them so I switched to crochet some pot holders.  They also aren't finished yet but they are colorful and the bright colored one should be finished today.



I have taught another woman at the office how to make them.  It took awhile to get her NOT to turn the yarn when you get to the end.  You just keep going around and around in circles.  Then eventually they will meet up (I will take a picture of that when I get that far) and then you sew/crochet the two sides together.  I know it doesn't make sense when you read this.  It is one of those things that is easier shown than explained.

I also received a couple of new quilting books for inspiration.

No patterns, just stories and pictures

 Patterns, pictures, guidance and a DVD!  WOO HOO!

I think that was all I was going to post to catch you up on.  So let me get back to work (sigh) and leave you with a picture of what was outside my work building the other day.


Everybody have a great day/evening.

No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...