Friday, August 9, 2019

A Gift for me and a video of another Bonnie's story

That's right.  I was gift a wall hanging.  It's approximately 4' x 3' 3/4".  This isn't JUST a gift for me.  It is made out of blocks that the yahoo group called OurTimeToQuilt did.  I'm part of that group and between that group and my New CyberQuilters group, I feel the love of quilting and quilters!    Our Time To Quilt decided, if anybody wanted to, to gather up house blocks.  However we wanted to do them.  One of the talented ladies, Diana Wright (known to some as the copacetic quilter), would put together out blocks and do the quilting on them.  I sent in my block (the large white one) as did some other ladies.  Then it was decided who would be the recipient.  It came to me!!!!!!  I almost started to cry during our Sunday afternoon live YouTube stream because they said so many nice things to me.  I, however, only believe 3/4 of what they said but I'm not giving back the quilt.  They will have to come and get it and if they get to my place, I "know" that I can distract them with fabric and they'll find the house quilt.  Each block is different and fun.



Gah!  I look terrible.  I hate pictures of myself.  Anyway, I hope the ladies know how much I love them because I honored their request to see a picture of me standing next to the quilt.


This was laid out in my sewing area at home.  Thing are a little crowded but at least I could lay it out.  Did you see my half way organized stash there?  There is more on the other side but had to stop organizing it because the house is up for sale and people wanted to come into my place to walk through it.

A much better picture since I am not in it.

A close up of Deb's thread painting in her block

So I would like to thank:  Deb, Diana Wright (both for putting in a block AND for quilting it, Susan Smith, Nadine, Patricia Frye, Cheryl, and Sonya (who did two blocks).  Thank you one and all.  It's up in my office right now so I can see it each day and have you with me.

The second thing I wanted to say was thank you to another Bonnie for saying yes I could share her video.  Bonnie is in a couple of other Facebook groups with me.  This is her story about traveling the path from discovery of MS to where she is at today including her experience with her caretakers at her current home.  It is uplifting and she is a VERY talented person who does multiple crafts.  Please watch it.



That's all I wanted to say today.  I can't share what I am working on since it is for a test pattern.  It should be cute when finished.  

Everybody have a wonderful day and an even greater weekend.

Hugs to all.


3 comments:

esther said...

This is awesome. I am so happy they picked you to get the quilt. You are one great person who is loved by many. Beautiful quilt for a beautiful lady.hugs and prayers .

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

We treasure Bonni in our Our Time To Quilt group and give her lots of credit for the success of our little group of close knit women! Bonni is such a sharing and generous lady who we love! Thank you for all you do and who you are! Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Bonni, Bless you ! Congratulations on your house quilt ! Hang in there through the sale of your home ! I enjoy your posts and seeing what you are up to ! 🌹. Shirley Rae

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...