Saturday, October 5, 2019

Progress! What a wonderful word.

Hello everybody!

It's a good day today because I made progress on Fleur.  Remember that?  Here it is.




It wasn't until I started to work on block be that I even saw how it was suppose to be. The center is composed of block A and block B.  I have finally finished block A and have block B fused down but not stitched.

Block A finished

the back of block A - hand stitched

Block B - fused but not stitched



I had forgotten that the block were to be on point.  For non quilters that means instead of looking straight on like a square, it would be seen on point or like a diamond shape. 


I still didn't see the pattern like it was supposed to be until I looked back at the picture. The dark leafy lines separating block A is are actually block B!  Hopefully it will look good when I'm done with it.  I'm taking my time (yeah, that's it...I'll use that excuse) with this one since I really REALLY like it.  Hopefully it will go together nicely when I get to put the blocks together.

I did run into a snag.  I ran out of plain black fabric!  I'm not sure how that happened but I needed it so off to Hobby Lobby (HL) I go.  It helps, or at least doesn't hurt, that fabric was 30% off at HL.  It took me a bit to find my black.  Finally I saw the Kona Fabrics section and got my black fabric from that.  The other black fabric was a little thinner than what I wanted.

While I was at HL, I looked at their sale bin.  I found this cute pumpkin fabric.



I also saw this interesting fabric.  I like the pictures from years ago but I don't know yet what I will do with it.  Watch out ladies from "Our Time To Quilt"!  You might find it in a give away if nothing else.  LOL.




It is time for me to get back to work.  Everybody have a wonderful day!



1 comment:

Marsha Clark said...

Love your appliq. blocks. Gona be so pretty !

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...