Saturday, October 26, 2019

Cold rainy day but warm thoughts

I'm glad that I went to the Quilt show yesterday.  Today is a chilly rainy day and I don't want to be out in it.  I'm glad that I stayed home.  I cooked up some biscuits and sausage gravy.  That is always a nice filling dish to keep you warm throughout the day.  It is also filling so lunch was a mixture of spinach, mushrooms, ground turkey,


That was very good and got me thinking on what else I wanted to make.  I think I'll cook some potatoes in the crock pot for later in the week.  Well I will probably munch on them tomorrow since it is hard for me to resist potatoes.  We'll see.  

I haven't worked on quilting things for a bit because I have been sidetracked.  I cleaned up a closet (oh boy....that is taking FOREVER) and going through everything.  I got rid of 7 bags of clothes that are too big for me and I have a big plastic tub of things that need to be shredded.  Like Tony's social security card and tax records, etc.  I also did find something that is very interesting.  I found the guest book for my grandpa's funeral and also the one for Uncle Russ.  Uncle Russ' guest book also had newspaper articles about how he died!  After making copies, I will send them to my cousin in Alaska.  Another great discovery was more journals from mother while she was a sorority house mother.  The years I'm currently reading are from 1979-1981.  I thought I put everything in MY journals...she out writes me.  This was when she was the house mother for Alpha Delta Pi House at Illinois State University in Normal IL  The first page (October 20, 1979) is so depressing but by page two it certainly picks up.  What a difference getting a letter or phone call from one of her kids made!

I did manage to get a great picture of one of the lawn decorations a couple of blocks from me.  It is the best one I have seen so far I think.


There is another one on the other side so they are facing each other.  

Another picture that I found was in my work email.  It seems that the office dressed up as Dean Bond (my boss).  Here is a picture that was taken.  LOL.  Dr. Bond (Brad) is the man sitting down.


I am so glad that I work with people who have a sense of humor.  Dress like Brad day is just one example of it.  

Everybody stay warm and safe.  Have a great day.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...