Saturday, February 15, 2020

Hello, my name is Bonni and I'm a shopoholic

I was going to post I'm a quilt materialoholic but that just didn't look right.  I got my income tax return recently and while I need to save most of it to help move or get a new place when I retire, I knew I would have to keep some of it to just spend.  Get it out of my system because that is what I use my income tax return for....to spend.  It's my "big ticket spending" usually but not this year. 

I didn't spend it all willy nilly.  I ordered some more slacks for work since they were on sale for 50% off.  I picked out a couple of items that I've been looking at and they too were on sale.  In fact I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some material for quilting since they were on sale too.


You might recognize some of these fabrics since I have used them in projects before.  Between them all, I paid either $3 a yard up to $5.99 a yard.  Some time I will fold them to fit the area they will be stored in.

I have taken a few more stitches on my cross stitch quilt blocks.  I have three packages of the blocks with 6 blocks in each one.  Tomorrow I should finish the 3rd block in package 1.  I'm debating if I want to put sashing in between the blocks or not.  It will make it larger which would be nice.  I believe I have enough blocks to make it a twin size but I'll see after laying it all out.  If I did, it would probably be a dark blue since the blocks are all done in three different shades of blue.

Then I took a short nap.  I mean I laid down and thought I'd snooze for about 30 minutes to an hour.  I got up after 15 minutes and couldn't go back.  So what do you do when your nap time or down time is interrupted?  I made spaghetti.  :)  I will eat that both today and tomorrow.  I might make lentils tomorrow.  I might make mashed potatoes.  I will probably make both.  LOL.

Time to get off the blog and the internet before it tempts me to spend more money.

I hope everybody had a great Valentine's Day yesterday and a great day today.

Until next time....Keep crafting.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...