Friday, March 19, 2021

Back from the Long Armers and other news

 I have two tops back from the long armers and I am very pleased with how they turned out.


This first one is my Covid-ville quilt.  The quilted design is what I call air swirls.  It is the backing fabric that I am most pleased with.  It was one of the options and since these blocks are from friends in my Our Time To Quilt IO quilting group, I thought the friends saying was very appropriate.




The second top that came back was a Christmas Rail Fence top.  This time the quilt motif was a Christmas one and the backing fabric was a green scroll.




I only need to do is putting on the binding and then both of them will be finished.  They bot should be done in time for Christmas.  :)

Now on to other things...

This is the first four rows of my 9 patch rows sew along.  The fourth row was done with reds so I decided to do something that I seldom do,  i prewashed them.  I'm glad I did.



I put two color catchers in the washer and I'm glad that I did.  They came out  pretty shade of pink.


The non quilting events this time are also pretty great.  I bought myself a new desk chair.  It feels great but it will take a bit to get used to.  A pleasant task.



The other pleasant picture is, of course, one of Hayley.  This is Hayley with her grandpa (my nephew Jason).  It is so nice to see pictures of them together1



So that is my news this time.  Have a great day!







4 comments:

esther said...

Love ❤️ your quilts. The houses with the hearts ❤️'s are so cute.lobe your new chair and precious baby. Your work is wonderful.

Kat Scribner said...

Really nice projects, Bonni. You are growing in your craft so much.

Marsha Clark said...

Pretty Quilts !
Hayley is so Cute !

A Walk With Susan said...

It is nice to see that you have your quilts back from the Longarmer. You are doing so well in the 9 Patch Row quilt. Love looking at all of your photos of Hayley, this is one is super cute.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...