Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter 2021

 



It is April 4, 2021 which means it is Easter.  I hope you all have a wonderful Easter no matter how you celebrate, or not celebrate, it.  Yesterday the lawn got mowed and part of my Easter dishes got made.  What are you making?  I'm making:

Pork Roast
Au Grtin potatoes
Pistachio Fluff
dressing
Gravy
Honey mustard sauce for the roast
Boston Baked Beans
Mandarin Tea Buns

The Potatoes, fluff, beans, and buns are all done.  The roast is in the oven starting on it's 5 hours of cooking.  The dressing, gravy, and sauce will be done later.  

My friend Dan is coming over today and I've already told him that he is getting leftovers so make sure there is room in his frig or freezer.  LOL.

I like to make a new recipe each Easter and this year it is the Mandarin Tea Buns.  



As their name suggests, they have mandarin oranges in them as well as coconut.  It sounded so "Eastery" so I thought I'd try them today.  I haven't eaten them yet so I'll let you knowhow they taste later.

I now have the table set as much as I can.


You can see my Welcome bunny on the wall.  I have it all stitched and now it is just waiting to get it quilted.  I pulled out what I call my "egg" fabric and am using it to cover up my ironing board.  What better cover than Easter egg fabric?  You might see a crockpot on the ironing board.  That has my carrots in it.  The carrots are seasoned with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and a little salt.  

I will stop now since I have to continue on with preparations.  I have more pictures to show you but I'll do that probably tomorrow.  

Once again, have a wonderful day!





2 comments:

Kathy G said...

Happy Easter! Your dinner sounds lov3ly.

Marsha Clark said...

Hubby made lasagna for Easter. He cooked a whole ham a few days before. Lots for the freezer. :) Your meal sounds delish........ <3

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...