Friday, March 5, 2021

It's March?

 Another month has gone and fled by before I knew it.  It's March and that means it is the month that I work on UFOs.  Well work on one UFO anyway.  I'm not sure which one I will work on but I had better figure it out before long otherwise March will be gone too and I won't have worked on anything.  Been there done that before!

I have been working on some quilting.  I managed to get row 3 done of the 9 patch BOM that is offered through the Quilt Pattern Magazine.  I'm liking how it is turning out so far.  




I'm not sure what the next block color will be.  I might start with some pinks or light reds or something and work up to some more stronger colors.

I have stopped working on some of my other BOMS and projects because, well, ummm, I overestimated how much time I would have to work on things.  I am trying to get better at piecing but with my perception problem it is hard.  I ordered some bloc lock templates and will try them to see if that helps.  I also have now installed EQ8 on my computer.  I will be buying block base+ (BB+) when it comes out.  I could have gotten bloc base and then upgraded with BB+ comes out but since it should be out this month I am just waiting to get BB+ and not having to update.  One of the reasons I am getting BB+ is that it is supposed to have all the blocks in it from Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of quit blocks in it.  I hope that will help with my piecing and putting together the blocks for the Civil War BOMs.  We'll see.

I have picked up on my redwork again.  Here is the latest progress pix for my Easter  Bunny.



The weather has turned nice but usually only for a day or two and then it gets cold again (or colder).  One day it got up to the high 60s and the cats decided to take advantage of it.  I did too.  After feeding them I sat outside on the porch in the chair.  Tangerine decided to lounge in the sun but she was close enough she could go into the shade if she wanted to.  Big Claws (BC) sat on my lap and after taking the one picture





BC moved its head to make sure that Tangerine's head would not be in the next picture.


Is that a smirk on BC's face?  I think so!

There were other signs of Spring too.  




That is about it for now.  I will leave you with one more picture.  I found another Hayley picture so I will share it here.  It is nice to end the post with a smile and I am sure most of you will agree that Hayley makes you smile.



I hope you all have a great evening/day and I'll see you around next time.  :)

Happy Stitching!





No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...