Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Broccoli Rice Casserole


As promised, I am posting the broccoli rice casserole that I mad. I found this easy to make especially with a couple of short cuts. I normally keep cooked rice in the freezer that I portion out into 1 cup servings. I normally make the rice in the broth when I boil chicken. Then it is seasoned also. I also usually portion out shredded cheese and some vegetables. It does speed up the cooking process. Now on to the recipe.

Broccoli Rice Casserole

Preheat oven to 350F

- 3 cups cooked rice
- 16 oz. frozen broccoli florets (I used fresh broccoli that I got from Pantry, I just cooked it before using it in the casserole)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided

Thaw broccoli and microwave for 5 minutes and drain very well.  Cut broccoli into small bite size pieces.

In a large bowl combine:
   rice
   onion
   mushroom soup
   milk
   salt
   pepper
   paprika
   1 cup of shredded cheese

Stir all together to mix well and then fold in the broccoli.

Spray with non-stick cooking spray a 9 x 13 pan.  This is a bulky casserole so a pan with high sides works best.

Put broccoli and veggie mix into the pan and then top it with the remaining 1 cup of cheese (more or less depending on your preference).

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned on top.

NOTE:  I decided to add some left-over chicken to the casserole also so it could be used up.  It worked well.  I almost added some sausage to it instead of the chicken, but I might wait for that until next time.


If you make this, left me know how you liked it.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...