Thursday, February 15, 2024

SQUIRREL!!!!!!

Good morning.  

    Today has already turned into a squirrel day.  I woke up (always a good thing) and got up and fed the cats by 7:1`5 a.m.  Mind you, that is around 5 minutes later than I normally do and boy, did the cats let me know it.  They were meowing at me, hissing at a couple of others who got too close to BC (Big Cat) who is loveable towards me and most of the cats unless they cross his line of vision and try to get to the feed bowl before he does.  Then I went inside and put Slow Cooker Barn Raising Soup in the crockpot to be ready for later.

   That led me down the rabbit hole of recipes.  I found a chicken drumstick BBQ recipe that will be making sometime soon.  I have all the ingredients already.  I don't know about anybody else, but once I start looking at recipes, I can't stop at one (dang, now I'm hungry for Pringles even though I don't like them that much any more).  So I pulled out my bread machine recipe book and thought about making some bread but squirreled in a totally opposite direction and found myself watching a quick little vid about Mexican Pizza.  Not too bad.  only takes two tortillas, enchilada sauce, refried beans, tomato, cheese and a green onion.  So off to the pantry to pull the ingredients.  Tortillas - check.  Refried beans -  check.  cheese - check.  Green Onion - already  cut up so check.  Oops red enchilada sauce?  Nowhere to be found but that's ok.  I have a delish recipe for it.  My kitchen squirrel led me to my recipes and quickly found it.  Hmmm.  The recipe only calls for 2 1/2 tablespoons of it.  Do I really want to make a whole batch for just 2 1/2 Tablespoons.  No worries my uncaffeinated brain informs me.  Just add some of the spices to some tomato sauce and you'll be fine.  After caffeine I realize that if I just add some spices to the tomato sauce...it is basically the same as me making up  the whole recipe.  So I will do that later and make the pizza tomorrow.  THEN I realized I didn't have fresh tomatoes but remembered I had opened up a can of diced tomatoes fore my salads and since I ate up all my lettuce the tomatoes are clear and free to be used elsewhere.  Whew!   Get me out of the kitchen before I do something sensible like dishes!!!!

  I sought the sanctuary of my living room where I proudly look on my FINISHED second block of Words to Live By.




  I shall indeed celebrate and print up the 3rd block which is entitled laughter. ....oh wait...there is another rabbit hole in my living room.  I wonder what is down it?   Isn't that...oh wait...again...Is that my shamrock pattern peeking out from underneath those patterns?  Why yes I squirreled yet another time and went down the road of shamrocks.   I pulled out my pattern and, obviously, THEN had to search for my fabric.  The March block for the exchange will be a shamrock on a white background.  I won't even get my partners name for probably 3 weeks yet so why am I down THIS rabbit hole?  I blame it on my  childhood.  We raised rabbits on the turkey farm (does that look as weird to you as it does to me when it is typed out?) and I know...I mean I KNOW what kind of escape artists they are.  Where was I?  Oh yes, down the rabbit hole.  I pulled out the pattern and some green fabric and decided I could wait to make the final decision on which fabric  to use.  Hmm.  I wonder what this little side tunnel is...Oh yes I am now back to the Words to Live By road.  Print out the pattern while I still have some ink in the printer.  Done!  Now I can sit down at my  computer and read emails.

   Oops.  More holes.  Before I knew it, I had signed up for Sew Much More's Churn Chain QAL which runs from March 7 - April 25th.  Has anybody else signed up for that?  You  can find info on it at:  


https://www.sewmuchmoore.com/join-the-churn-chain-qal/

   

Ding?  Yep, you guessed it...another squirrel just rang my doorbell.  This one said Missouri Star Quilt  Company sent an email.  Oh look they want me to order my rectangle template before it is no longer available.  Of course I know that is a marketing ploy...but what if it is true?  I'd better go and order it...so I did.  Then my brain decided I had better write down what elements I want to include in the quilt...so I did.  THEN my brain said why don't you start to look for some of those fabrics so you know what you will need to buy...so I..


STOP!!!!!!!!!

   I must turn off my brain so that I don't talk to any more squirrels today or nothing will get done.  Perhaps I need to watch Emperor's New Grove and take lessons from Kronk on how to talk to squirrels <chuckling>.  On that note of laughter, I have come full circle and will pull out the printed block three pattern for Words to Live By.  I think laughter is a good place to dwell for a bit.  :)

  I hope everybody has a great day and if you see any squirrels, tell them to shut up for the rest of the day, ok? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie, I met you in Deb’s Our Time To Quilt group. I find your blogs entertaining and ended up down my own squirrel trail reading your posts. I especially related to your earliest posts where you started writing your blog and then couldn’t find where that was for a while. You have quite a treasure trove of history here. I was contemplating writing my own blog, perhaps that might manifest one day. Not sure if anyone would even want to read it, but is that really the point? Well, maybe. Anyway, thanks for the entertainment!
Vicki (Josew)

Bonni said...

Thanks. Posting on my blog is good to keep me on track and, not to overuse the word but, not squirrel. It all started out with making lists of what I wanted to work on for the day. Then writing down on my calendar what I needed to get done, etc. FI still do that too. Of course I might not get done what I write down but it a little roadmap so I don't waste the whole day not doing anything.

I am the last of my immediately family alive and when I retired I moved out of state. Now my days are doing what I like or as little as I like. LOL. My family and friends, like those in Our Time To Quilt, keep me company and it is a great network for learning new things and getting help when you need it.

You'll figure out if blogging is what you want to do. I don't have tutorials on mine but it does give me another outlet to enjoy my day and meet more people.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...