Sunday, March 3, 2024

It is a blah day...or week

 Have you ever felt that your inspiration has declined or gone?  Or that there is a disconnect between your brain and hands?  The latter is what I have been experiencing the last couple of weeks.  So hopefully, by doing this post, it will kick me out of my doldrums and I  can get back on track.

First up is a picture that I had saved just because it was interesting and used buttons.  I wouldn't want them on my jeans but would look cute as a pillow or on the wall I thought.


Since it is March, and my block is in the mail to my exchange partner, I can share what I sent.  Somehow I love the simplicity of the shamrock so I always like to use that for my March exchanges.  I usually use a darker green but this was the winning fabric and I will say thank you to those who voted on the fabric choices.  Obviously you all have great taste and didn't steer me wrong.


So what has been keeping my mind active?  Hexies and rectangles.  It is one of my UFO projects which I've picked up again since in the Our Time to Quilt group were talking hexies.  I have a big project that might get cut back on once my initial enthusiasm wears off.  Here is a pix of what some of the hexies look like as well as one of the rectangles.


The group is also working on some redwork.  That was an opportunity that I couldn't resist.  You know I love my redwork.  This project is more whimsical and will involve different colored blocks.  Each dragon block will also be done in one color.  In other words, one block will be done in red, one in blue, one in black, etc.  At least that is the current plan.  I decided to see if I had any background fabric that would work.  I found some Stonehenge fabric that I thought would work well.  I decided to do a sample block and this is what I am working on now.  I like how the red stands out against the background.  I'm going to have to dig out different DMC colors and perhaps do some running stitches on a background scrap fabric to see how the colors will look.  I will  use two threads.  I will, of course, share progress pix.


I am still working on the redwork Words to Live By blocks but haven't enough done to share a pix.  So I will be working on that in the near future.  I also need to work on the blackwork SAL.  I am behind because this simple pattern, yeah right, is kicking my butt.  I think it is because it isn't the straight squares but rather different shapes.  I just have to concentrate on it more than I have been.

Now on to some cooking news.  I was given 15 pounds of potatoes and as I went through them, I found these three potatoes in a heart shape.  I thought it was appropriate to finding it in February and it reminds me of the shape of a heart.  LOL.


I also made some marinara sauce.


I used one of the jars to make Lasagna Soup which turned out to be a bit spicier than I expected.  Not too spicy but just spicier.  I will let you know how it is on day two.  I am thinking of making a potato and sausage recipe.  Pretty simple ingredients.  1 package of smoked sausage sliced thin, 4 large potatoes-diced, 1 large onion sliced, and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.  Just dump everything in a  crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  I guess that means I had better stop now and get it ready to start.  I think that I will have it for dinner tonight.

I hope everybody has a great day.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...