Monday, March 18, 2024

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do you remember the blocks I was working on?  This might remind you.


I only have to make two more full size blocks of the one on top and...well...more than 2 for the bottom block.  I will start with the top block so I can finish making them.  Then I have the small triangles to do but I'm not going to think about them yet.  This is a UFO so I feel good about getting back to working on it.

That is not the only thing that I have been working on,  I managed to finish up that signature block I needed to do and mailed it out today.



I know that it looks a bit lopsided but I did trim it accurately.  The flannel that it is pinned to likes to make things look wonky.  Of course it could also be that I didn't put it up straight.  LOL.

Now that I have that in the mail, I started to work on another two blocks for the upcoming swaps.  I haven't stitched it down yet but it is fused on.  I might add a couple more raindrops but that will wait until I finish it.  I will also have to  cut it down but this allows for how tight I might stitch it.  :)  I've learned that lesson the hard way.


The next exchange block I need to do will be for May.  With the saying of April Showers bring May flowers, my May block will be a flower.  I have picked out the colors but haven't fused them down yet.  It will probably be fused sometime this week.



Obviously the green is for the leaves and stem.  Moving up from the colors that lay out, the next fabric will be the inner center circle and the orange.  Next up is the batik orange which looks  more solid.  That will be the circle that butts up to the petals.  The top orange fabric is for the petals.

I wasn't done yet though.  I managed to start on the first of nine blocks for the top of the Baby Dragons.  This one is Baby Blue and I have to admit that I think it is going to be super cute.  The outline is done in a deep blue but the hair and the poof of her tail is/will be done in one strand of dark blue and 1 strand of a lighter shade of blue.



I managed to copy another Words to Live By block to the background fabric. (in water soluble blue pen).  I will try to start stitching this week.  This is the finished block 3.


I still have my black/brown work to do but I am going to wait until the new block comes out on Wednesday.  I will try to get 2 blocks done before the next one comes out.  

Anything else?  Hmmm.  I'm not sure but that is not to be decided in this blog post.  This will give me plenty to do for awhile.   I guess I had better get started.  LOL. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

PS:  Time for me to take something for a a headache and maybe even lay down for a little bit while it starts to work.



2 comments:

A Walk With Susan said...

Bonni,

Look at all that you have done lately you are on a roll. Keep up the great stitching.

Bonni said...

Thank you my friend. It is sometimes easy to forget that if you do a little each day you actually DO get things done. LOL.

My panic attack is that I'm not sure I have enough of the proper material to finish up my blocks for Fleur. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there I guess.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...