Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Once Upon a Time - there were dragons -Update - 3.13.24

 Today is an exciting day.  My test dragon turned out cute enough that I am going to start on the real blocks.  




First up, of course, is choosing the colors.




Those are the colors I will be working on for blocks 1 (top - blue) through block 9 (bottom two colors).  Where there are two colors shown, I will either use one strand of each color.  The third block will probably have the frog and the dragon in it so I'm undecided if I want to just use one strand of each green or make one creature one color and use the second color for the second creature.  I can rationalize both of those arguments in my head.  I have time to choose though.  Here are the pictures of the coloring pages along with the colors assigned to them except for number 5 and number 6.  Number 5 is all redwork and number 6 is all blackwork.  I might post up pix later but right now I didn't see the need because you all know what the red for redwork and the black for blackwork looks like.  :)  

NOW...to the dragons because they get antsy if I leave them unsupervised.








Keep in mind that most of the background images, if not all, will not be stitched.  At least at this time I do not plan on stitching them.  Somethings will be necessary to include like the egg shell on Number 9 or the frog on Number 4.  

That's my plan so far.  Any comments?  Let me know what you think.












4 comments:

A Walk With Susan said...

I can see where they could get into a lot of mischief if you don't pay close attention to them.

I think they will be adorable.

Bonni said...

Thank you my friend. I'm still deciding which one will be called Susan. :)

Nikki said...

They are absolutely adorable and will cause a lot of misfits if they are not very busy or tired.

Bonni said...

Thanks Nikki. I think you are right. :)

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...