Monday, February 12, 2024

What is on the Wall

      It is almost the mid month so I thought I would do an update on what I have on the wall.  It is a mix of quilting and cross stitch.  I have also added in a new recipe or two.  Let me start with an overall pix of my wall and then I'll show more close ups.



   Doesn't that look like a colorful mess?  Now let me break it down better for you.

   First up is hexies and my new templates.  You can see the hexies in the picture posted above.  These were made using the Missouri Star Quilt Company Quilt As You Go template.  I really like using it because when I attach them together.  I thought I was getting more when I ordered more of off Amazon.  I picked the wrong thing and this is what came.  

                              

   Don't get me wrong, they are useful templates but not what I as expecting.  I did find it, eventually, on MSQC's website.  This is what I wanted.



     And this is the pattern that I want to make with it.  Bu what do  I want all this for?  I am designing a hexie project.  Think of a garden.  There will be clusters of various thing.  For instance, one area for shrubs and trees, one for butterflies and flowers.  Maybe a fountain or statuary if I can find the right fabric.   I am debating on whether or not to put a wall around it.  If nothing else, I might use the rectangles for the border.  Who knows.  Who knows when I get to it or when it will be finished.
That's the plan anyway.  That's not the only thing I have been working on. 

   Here is this week's picture of my blackwork.   This is up to Week 6.  


   The other Blackwork I am working is to redo the Courage blackwork that I stitched on actual graph paper,  It currently looks funny because I didn't have any large sheets just 8 1/2 x 11 so it is a pieced graph.  This is what I have done so far.

 


   Of course I have to work on some redwork, especially in February, so here is my progress update on the second block of Words to Live By.


   I also did some new recipes.  This week I made snickerdoodles for 1.  It made around 6 cookies and I think I sill make it again.  It was a little weird to make a recipe with only 1 tablespoon of egg.  I used the rest of the egg in my breakfast scramble this morning.  LOL.



Snickerdoodles for 1

3 TBSP butter

1/4 cup sugar

6 TBSP Flour

1 TBSP egg

1/8 teas baking soda

1/4 teas salt

1/4 teas vanilla extract

Coating:

1 TBSP sugar

1/2 teas cinnamon

for Coating, mix all together and set aside

- Mix everything together except for coating.

- Form into one inch balls

-Roll in coating

-Place on parchment paper on baking sheet

-Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown


   In closing, I'd like to leave you with some pix that I thought were particularly cute.  I hope you enjoy them too.







2 comments:

Nikki said...

Bonni,

I love the nome it is absolutely adorable🤗.

Bonni said...

Thanks Nikki. I also thought it was cute too!

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...