Sunday, November 26, 2017

Wow! November is almost over!

News Alert - I survived Thanksgiving!   Perhaps I should say that I survived the leftovers also.  So what did I have?

I made:

Slow Cooker turkey breast with gravy
sweet potatoes
Delicata Squash
fresh cranberry sauce which I took some of and mixed in with cream cheese for a cracker spread
Lil' Smokies

So here are the pictures.  Nothing super great looking but the taste....yummmm.

3 lb. turkey breast
 
Gravy that was cooked with the turkey breast and then strained.  It's cooking down further on the stove.

Delicata Squash with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves

What do you do with leftovers?  Make some refried rice.   Peas, rice, Lil' Smokies, spices.


Of course with such a full stomach, I sat down and picked up my yarn to work on my crocheting.  I managed to finish up the first skein of variegated green, or green tones as it was called, and am now working on the solid green.


I think I posted this picture before but it is the order of the colors I want.


You will notice that the skeins are different sizes.  The variegated colored ones will give me about 5" when worked up.  I will crochet the solids to about that size also.  I get bored with crocheting so then I put it aside and pick up the cross stitch again.

Here is my current progress picture for the Mini Owl.  This is a little over 800 stitches.


Of course I also had to pick up another cross stitch since it is a Christmas one.  It's on the floor stand which, to tell the truth, I took the picture of from across the room.  Yes, I was being lazy.  I think you can still see a little bit of the picture which is a snowman on a sled.


It's back to work tomorrow so I'm going to quit here and get back to crafting.  :)

Everybody be safe and have a great day.

No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...