Saturday, February 16, 2019

Exciting News!

I am excited.  Tomorrow I am suppose to get a new sewing machine.  This will be the first sewing machine I've ordered by mail so keep your fingers crossed that it gets here ok.  I didn't have a lot of money to spend on it but because I got my income tax return, I was able to set aside $600 for it. 


It's another brother machine so it should last a long time.  My current sewing machine is a brother with a small throat.  I paid $200 from Walmart for my current sewing machine and it has lasted 6-8 years(?) without any problems.  I hope my new one will beat that record.  I'll keep my current sewing machine too.  It has some decorative stitches that I use sometimes but not often.

Then I decided I needed to go for a ride.  I didn't go far, just over to the Walmart in Rochelle (around 20-30 minute drive) but I did find some material that I think will be good for leaves and wreaths for some projects.  I've laid them out against the background fabric (cream) and am trying to decide which I'll use for leaves.  This is for the Civil War Nurses BOM.  


My fall back would be the top right.  I also like the green that is bottom right.  The green for leaves that I originally thought of is below.  It has some sparkle to it which I like but would it be good for a Civil War applique?  I'm not going to be able to use only fabric from that era but do I want to go so far off?  What do you think?


It's hard to choose isn't it?  So while I was thinking and driving back to DeKalb, I decided to stop and get my hair cut.  


It was good to get it chopped off.  I love my long hair but every once in awhile I get it cut shorter so that the ends and everything get taken care of.  It's a wash and go style so that will be nice.

Time for me to get back to taking care of some things so I'll say good bye/good night to you all.

Be wonderful!

Bonni


2 comments:

Marsha Clark said...

Nice fabrics. Love your new hair cut ! <3

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Great haircut!! I need mine shortened also! Hugs, Deb

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...