Sunday, February 24, 2019

Windy Day!

It's windy in DeKalb, IL today.  I'm sitting at the computer, which is in front of the window, with a crocheted lap throw AND one of those $2 thin blankets over my lap to try and keep somewhat warm.  Yes I have my windows covered up but you know it still gets cold in the room.  You guys are worth it though.  I took a short video of the flags blowing in the wind this morning.  Hope you can see it.



I haven't done a lot today but did manage to try to stitch a bit on Sophira.  That's the official name for the new sewing machine.  Actually she has three names.  I was told she needed three names for when she is acting up.  Just like you know you're in trouble when your mother called you by your full name.  So Sophira's full name is:

Sophira Misty Minx

She got called Sophira today.  The bobbin didn't want to stay in.  All I can say is that I'm getting better at threading the needle.  I still need to learn that automatic threading feature soon.  It will take a bit to get used to putting in the bobbin from the side.

I had some good mail this week.  Here is one of the goodies that I received.


The lower yellow and red fabric is call pony express.  It has cancelled postage and little riders on it, etc.  I will also take a picture for the next post of the non fabric items that was in the envelope also.  Including a necklace from hand made beads (from paper and fabric?) and a pin cushion that is worn on the finger.

I bought something that I had been looking at recently.  I have seen the Infomercial on the TV and was pleased to see that it was accurate.


It is rechargeable and has a high beam, low beam, and an SOS beam which I thought was a bit different.  On low beam a full charge can last 12 hours.  It is charging up now but I used it a bit for that "extra light" for my applique on LeFleur.  I have to use black embroidery floss so more light is better.


I have to leave you now but I'll return when my new goodies come in.  I have more fabric and a some "scraps".  That will be fun to see since I have no idea what the fabric will look like.


1 comment:

Patty said...

Bonni, You pick a great name for her. LOL Yeah, I remember when Mom would say "Patty Ann Jenness!" (my maiden name of course hehe): that is when I knew I had to sit up and pay attention!. Hugs Patty C.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...