Friday, May 15, 2020

two weeks to the big move!!!!

I can't believe it.  Two weeks to move and retire.  That's something we all have thought about at one time or another but never thought it would happen.  Now that it is staring me in the face I'm not sure how I feel about it.  Oh I'm happy to be retiring and also moving.  I will miss my friends in Illinois but I will still keep in touch with them via the internet or phone or mail.

The guys in Arkansas are busy working on getting the house ready for me.  Here is a picture of them finally finishing putting in the sub floor in the bedroom. 


That is one thing done.  Notice the lights are on and there is a ceiling fan in that room.  I think that will come in handy.  The bedroom might turn into a bedroom/craft room.  We shall see. It would be nice to have a living room just dedicated to the living room in case I get visitors.  That's in theory though.  I'm so used to things all being in the same room it might not stay that way.

So it's packing up my current apartment and a friend came to help me the other day.  You remember Theresa?  She is the one who I taught to do the t-shirt quilt for her daughters.  She made a little video for my friend Dan to remind him to be careful.  In the video she is packing up my Christmas tree that goes back.  It's the only tree that I keep and it is a craft one made from beads, etc.  Her is her message to Dan.



I think it is a cute video. 

I did see another cute thing.  I found some napkins that were really cute but what it special was that when you opened up the napkin, it had a recipe printed on the paper napkin!






Isn't that a cute idea?

Well back to packing.  If you don't hear from me until June, it's because of the move and then I'll take pictures for you to see my place. 

Everybody stay safe and hang in there.

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

What an adventure you have before you! Take deep breaths and enjoy it.

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...