Wednesday, November 25, 2020

UFO's ALMOST finished

 Before I post up some pictures of my UFO's that are almost finished, do you know what this picture means?



I put my scraps to use and cut them into 2" strips.  Then I sewed them all together and ironed them like I would for binding.  It's not binding for a quilt though.  I'm using it to "bind" my aida cloth so it doesn't ravel when I do my cross stitch.

It's not the only binding will I be working on.  I need to do my binding for two UFO's that are now quilted.

The first one is the top.  The material shown in the lower right corner on the front is the backing material as well as what I think I am going to do the binding in.  


Here is a close up of the quilting done on it.  I sent it out to Missouri Star Quilt Company to quilt.


The other wall hanging that I sent MSQC to quilt is my hexagon heart.  The backing material  is the pink swirl material in the lower right hand corner.  They quilted it in pink thread so you can see the swirls nicely.


I will bind it with the backing material.


That's it for now  Christmas Chronicles: Part Two is out on Netflix now so it's time to watch it.  I will also be watching Iron Mask on Vudu today.  

Bread is in the bread machine for tomorrow (if I can resist it).  I will be making some other of my side dishes for tomorrow today.  Things are starting to come together.

I hope everybody has a great day today as well as a wonderful Thanksgiving.


2 comments:

A Walk With Susan said...

I love your UFO's MSQ did a great job quilting them for you. You are a stronger woman than me. I would not be able to wait until tomorrow for that yummy bread, after smelling it bake all day.

Bonni said...

I will probably use MSQC again but will keep my options open. One thing that I like with them is that I can buy my material from them so all I need to do it pick out the quilting pattern and ship my top to them. They return whatever fabric they didn't use for the backing. I was too tired to care about the bread. Typical me. LOL.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...