Tuesday, September 14, 2021

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! - STOP THE PRESSES!

 What?  you think that is a tad over the top for a title?  That I might have exaggerated a bit?  Yeah.  Maybe.  But let e tell you this...I got the call this morning.  That's right.  I, Declan the Reindeer, got THE call this morning.  Yep, that's right.  Mrs. C called ME and told me to get my peeps together and start training as back up for the BIG guys.  

You two legs might not be excited but all us reindeer know thatit really is a try out in case one of the big eight can't make the run on Christmas Eve.  YOU remember the big eight right?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen.  

Then there are some others.  Rudolph pushed his nose into the line up a lot but they don't need him all the time so he doesn't go on the run unless it is bad weather..  Then there is the Olive.  We don't talk a lot about her but she is cute and I like her but I'll deny it if you tell her that.

The thing that most people don't understand is that it is also about their personalities.  Let me break it down for you.  I didn't leak this information out.  I found it on 

https://holidappy.com/holidays/The-Personalities-of-Santas-Reindeer

Dasher

He loves to go fast!

Sewing

Dancer

Completely extroverted

All kinds of dance

Prancer

A bit vain, though affectionate

Prancing

Vixen

Slightly tricky

Magic

Comet

Handsome and easy-going

Good with kids

Cupid

Affectionate

Bringing people together

Donner

Loud

Singing

Blitzen

Fast as a bolt!

Can electrify others

Rudolph

A little down on himself

Nose glows

Olive

Admits when she's wrong

Good at hide-and-go-seek

It's predominantly correct but in order for the second string or, s we like to call us, understudies, We also have to have personalities.  I think it is pretty evident that we don't have an understudy for Rudolph.  I mean either you nose lights up or you buy a clown nose that lights up and hope batteries don't go out.
So that leaves who is the understudy for Olive?  That would be Suzie.  You remember her right?

She is really sneaky.  How do you think that we found out this information?  Yep, Suzi. 
I think that I could take over Dasher's position.  I mean I can go REALY fast and I like to sew.  Well not sew per se but I am learning to quilt and that's like sewing right?  Needle and thread and all of that.  Besides don't you think that I would look good hooked up to the Big C's sleigh?  Come on, how can you resist a face like this.

I think that Chad would be good to replace Comet.  Everybody smiles and loves him.  You might think that would be cupid but no.  Chad loves and deals with kids the bet.



The quiet one of the bunch, usually quiet anyway, is Hiram.  He could take over Blitzen because of his electrifying personality. People flock around him and just stare at him.  They reach out to touch him and before you know it they pull back their hands as if they had a shot of electricity go through their hand.  Then you hear Hiram give a little snort of amusement.


Fritz is no doubt Donner.  He loves to sing and be loud.  We just have to get him to sing on tune and then he'll have a better chance to step in for Donner.  Either way he is LOUD so he is half there.


I know I didn't list ALL of the understudies but I am running out of time.  When Mrs. C. tell you something you pay attention to her.  I will let you know if we get picked this year.  I have to round up the gang and then start our training...I mean our reindeer games.  That runs up to Thanksgiving.  At Thanksgiving it is announced who will pull the sleigh.  Wish us luck!  In the meantime Bonni finished a top that she will make into a wall hanging.  Here is a picture of it that Suzie took.  I think it turned out really good.  I might have to get her to teach me that pattern.  I like log cabins...especially ones with hot chocolate and fire in the fireplace going.



I hope you have a great day and can get some stitching, singing, or anything else done today.  :)











fI

know

6 comments:

Bonni said...

Hmm. It appears that my formatting is off so I'll have to work on that. Sorry everybody. I hope you enjoyed the story anyway.

esther said...

Love your rain deer and the story is great. Love your other quilt also. Love the colors. Great job. Keep up the good work.hugs

Bonni said...

Thanks Ms. Esther. It wouldn't be a holiday if there wasn't holiday stories. :)

Marsha Clark said...

Cute ! Love your log cabin top ! <3

A Walk With Susan said...

You know the Log Cabin is my absolute favorite pattern. This one is so darling! Your reindeer games kept me laughing. I would watch out for the Suzie she might be trying to take your place Declan.

Bonni said...

Thanks Marsha and Quilting Susie! I think I might see another larger log cabin in my future.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...