Thursday, December 21, 2023

Getting to the end of 2023

      Can you believe it?  2023 is almost ended and 2024 is right around the corner.  So what do I have to report?  Not everything I probably should but my mind is a little chaotic right now so let's see what I DO remember.

     I've been busy making up Dan's snack box.  It is finally finished and I will probably give it to him on Saturday.  That is only one day early but since he is picking me up to go with him to Tennessee on Saturday to meet up with some friends, I think I will give it to him then. He will have leftovers to handle on Sunday so this will be a better plan...I think.

     The snack box consists of:

A pint of homemade cocoa mix

A 2 liter of butterscotch steamer

1 quart of egg nog

1 chicken cream cheese ball

     The recipe for the chicken cream cheese ball:


 2 blocks cream cheese

1 packet ranch seasoning

1 drained can of chicken ( or leftover chicken chopped up – however much you want to add)

Combine all into a ball (or be lazy like me and just put it in a bowl) You can also top the cheese ball with chopped nuts if you wish.

Chocolate cake mix cookies

peanut butter cookies

fruit cake (the size they sell that is like a rectangle

2 cans of oysters - he loves these and then lets the cats lick out the cans when he is done.  LOL

Some thin mints

1 small tine of chocolate hazelnut pirollin

a box of crackers

A 3 musketeers bar

and oreos.

     I also have some finishes craft wise.  I finished my 2023 black work and am collecting the materials to start the 2024 stitch a long.

    I put a picture of it on my last not that long ago so just scroll down and you'll see it.      I received n the mail a box from Ann L. the other day and it was fun to go through.  She had a craft box which had a lot of doodads in it.  Everything from buttons to hooks and other things I'm not sure what they are but I'll have fun figuring it out.  


    The white circles you see are smaller containers that have beads in them.  I pulled them out from another area and eventually will open them up and put in the box so I can recycle those small containers. 

     That's about it.  I feel like Santa.  I'm making a list and checking it twice to keep on schedule.  The biggest challenge I have today  is going to be how to finish an in the hoop cross stitch ornament.  The stitching is done but I've never made anything like an ornament.  So now I "have" to watch YouTube videos to see how it is done...or find one I can understand.  I'll post a picture after I know the recipient has received it.  Hehehe.

   I'm off to do my research.  I hope you all have a great day and an even better holiday.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...