Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hi Ho...Hi Ho...It's off to shop I go.......

Today I woke up with only a residual headache that is probably a carry over from the benedryl etc.  Sooo, to get some fresh air (didn't go to work for two days and was shut up in apartment) I decided to find the quilt shop that I will be taking a quilting class on the 18th.  I will be learning how to do hand quilting.  Well that is what the flyer said.  We'll see if I learn it or not.  LOL.  I've never been to this shop so I thought it would be a good time to find the shop...the 15% off class projects didn't have much to do in the decision..really it didn't.

It's a good thing that I went up today because I bypassed the road I needed to turn on and it took me 40 minutes longer to reach the shop then it should have.  At least I now know where it is.  Of course since I was there I...uhhh...spent money.  $120 to be more precise.  Here is what I bought plus a 14" quilting hoop (need for class).


I bought double on the needles and marking pens because I am treating Connie to this class.  She bought for our last one (the quilt as you go) so now it is my turn to treat.  That fabric is just for me (and the patterns) because I will pick up the "quilt sandwich" from the shop on the day of the class.  Why bother with me cutting the muslin and batting when they will have it there for you and I don't have to cut.  I'll buy Connie's quilt hoop at that time also since they ran out but assure me they will have them in by the time the class starts.
Then I went down the road  (well a little turn here and there) to the Quilt shop that I knew how to get too.  I had taken the Quilt As You Go class in the other quilt shop.  There I also spent $120 (how did THAT happen) and the next two pictures is what I bought.  Just think how much it would cost me if I hadn't gotten everything on sale.  At the second quilt shop everything I bought was either 20%, 30% or 50% off.




 

 Those scissors are for large hands (YAY) and have a slightly serrated edge with micro tip.  They are suppose to help hold your fabric while you do precision cutting.  We'll see.

It's not like I didn't have anything else to do but...umm...the Stonehenge fabric spoke to me and it just would have been impolite not to listen....wouldn't it?  hehehehe



No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...