Monday, March 26, 2012

My Mother The Thief

Isn't that a bad thing to say?  My mother is a thief.  I have to admit it and acknowledge it since when she takes things it is either from the nursing home she is in or from me.  She thinks that my brother and I need all those cloth napkins and white wash clothes that the nursing home has.  Each week we accept it from her and then on the way of the nursing home, drop them in the laundry bin.  It's comical really.  BUT...yes that was in all caps...it's not so comical when she insists on borrowing my lipstick and then instead of giving it back puts it in her pocket.

She knows that we wear close to the same shade.of lipstick so she said she needed it more than I did.  It's awful hard to argue with that since *I* can get out to the store and she can't any more.  It's also hard to tell a 92 year old she can't have something as small as lipstick when it makes her smile.

So today I am without lipstick.  Wonder what she would do if I showed up at the nursing home and took my lipstick back.  I wouldn't be surprised if that was her plan.  She is always asking us to visit more often.  :)

All this, of course, is said in fun.  Yes mom did steal my lipstick but I will go out this week and buy another one replace it.  I usually keep two extra on hand for when she does things like this.

Just thought I'd share some of the news.

Speaking of news....Northern Illinois University finally sent out a notice that the civil service employees received a raise and it is retro'd back to January 1, 2012.  YAY me!


No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...