Saturday, March 31, 2012

March 31, 2012

Can you believe that April is literally right around the corner?  Here it is the last day of March and the weather is still wonky.  Yes wonky...it's my favorite word ... for now.

I am helping a friend do some t-shirt quilts.  She hates to do the ironing and cutting so I will be doing that to help "catch her up" and then she will put it all together.  This is good for me since I want to do a couple of also.  I have a variety of t-shirts from NIU that were given to me or I bought and don't wear any more.  I thought perhaps I should turn them into a quilt.  The other quilt that I was thinking of doing is from t-shirts that my friend sent to me from his travels in the army.  I won't have a lot of them so that might be more of a wall hanging size but still all this cutting and fusing interface will help later down the road.  I do think that I need to get another template.  Perhaps a 14" or 16" one since the blocks will end up being 12.5" unfinished.  If I use a 14" or 16" block it might cut down on some waste that is currently happening.

On the other hand, I have scraps of t-shirts, some fused and some not fused, to figure out what to do.  My friend Shelley might be able to use them in her "angry birds" but I have an idea brewing around in my silly head for some of the larger pieces.  I'll let all of you know after I try something out and see if it works.

Oops.  That's all the time I have for now.  Time to switch gears and start to think about gaming tonight.  Catch you all later.

Hugs.


No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...